• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Taiwan Chiobu Angie Lee is Broke after Marry AMDK & Open Yoga Studio!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Taiwanese singer Angie Lee shuttering yoga studio after S$879,000 loss; sold her house to get by​

Taiwanese singer Angie Lee shuttering yoga studio after S$879,000 loss; sold her house to get by

BY

TOH ZIYI

Published March 7, 2023
Updated March 7, 2023

Taiwanese singer Angie Lee, 46, is calling it quits for her yoga business. The singer and her American husband, Duke, first shuttered their gym in Taipei’s east district at the beginning of last year, citing losses due to the ongoing pandemic. At that time, the couple made the decision to continue with their yoga studio. Now, it seems like they are backing out entirely.
In a recent interview with Taiwanese media, Angie revealed that she’s lost about NT$20mil (S$879,000) in the past two years. Things got so bad she ended up selling her house, which she’s had for 15 years, to get by.

The singer described the ordeal as a “nightmare”. She added that though the yoga studio’s business was growing steadily, her husband had other fitness-related endeavours to focus on, and she wanted to concentrate on her showbiz engagements too. So they eventually made the painful decision to swallow their losses and sell off the business.
angie-lee-husband.jpg
Angie and her husband, Duke.
Angie added that she felt so overwhelmed at one point, she considered approaching loansharks for a loan. She also shared that their failed business took a strain on her marriage, and the couple considered divorce at one point.
Thankfully, her good friends and family stepped in to help and bail them out. However, they weren’t out of the red yet, which was when Angie decided to sell her house to clear their debts.
angie-lee-kids.jpg
Angie with her kids, Mia and Tyler.
Right now, the singer and her family are staying with a friend, in a guest room, and are currently looking for a suitable place to rent. Angie and her husband have two kids together — son Tyler, and daughter Mia.
It goes without saying that Angie will not start another business anytime soon. Her reply to a reporter who posed that question was a firm — “Please spare me.”

angie-lee.jpg
She's not out of the woods yet.
It seems, though, that the couple’s troubles are ongoing. It was reported last year that Angie and her husband were sued by their gym landlord after they’d defaulted on rent. The landlord was seeking about NT$2.65mil (S$116,000) in owed rent, as well as damages.
Angie gave an update on the lawsuit, sharing that she hopes for a peaceful resolution. However, when reporters approached the landlord, he claimed that the case was already closed, but Angie and her husband have yet to pay damages.
“The [proceeds] from the house Angie sold were split between her and her husband,” the landlord told the press. “She kept everything from her portion of the proceeds, and I couldn’t get the money even when I tried to enforce [the court’s verdict]. After that, I called her and told her that I’d settle for NT1.15mil (S$50,000), but she hung up on me. She doesn’t have any other assets, and I still can’t get my money back,” the landlord said.
Photos: Angie Lee/Instagram