• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Swine flu: British woman in Mexico has symptoms A British woman may have contracted

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Swine flu: British woman in Mexico has symptoms
A British woman may have contracted swine flu after moving to Mexico three weeks ago.

Last Updated: 10:24AM BST 27 Apr 2009

Swine-Flu_1391899c.jpg

Tansey Huws said she came down with nausea and a very high fever within weeks of moving to Mexico Photo: AP

Tansy Huws, who is originally from London, said she started feeling ill last Sunday when she got home.

Doctors prescribed Tamiflu for her high fever and nausea.

Related Articles
Swine flu: tell us your experiences
Swine flu: dozens of suspected cases in New Zealand
UK should expect swine flu cases, says HPA chief
Family in isolation over fears of swine flu
Swine flu: Mexico City becomes 'strange zombie city' as residents hide behind doors
Swine flu: British travellers warned to avoid Mexico and America

Tansy said: "I have been living in Mexico for only three weeks and the symptoms started last Sunday when I got home.

"From one minute to the next I got very nauseous and had very high fever. I just couldn't get out of bed during the whole week.

"On Friday night I received a call from a friend wondering why I hadn't been around.

"When I told her about the symptoms she told me to call the British Embassy - they told me to call the hospital.

"The people at the hospital told me not to take any drugs so that the symptoms were clear and I could be diagnosed.

"So I went to the hospital on Saturday and there were many, many people at the hospital waiting to be diagnosed.

Tansy said doctors were reluctant to confirm if she had swine flu or not and fears that the "really ill" sufferers in Mexico won't make it to hospital in time.

She told the BBC website: "I think swine flu is very different from a normal flu because I just couldn't get out of bed.

"The test at the hospital was very simple - they just asked me questions and measured my blood pressure.

"The they prescribed me Tamiflu and I am now feeling much better now.

"I asked them if it was swine flu but they weren't very clear, the information wasn't very good.

"I think swine flu is very different from a normal flu because I just couldn't get out of bed.

"I think that the really ill people will not be able to go to hospital, and that the people who are able to go there are the people who don't have swine flu."

So far 103 people have died from swine flu in Mexico and there have been 20 cases in the US.