• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

stubborn IRRELEVANT practice of airfares

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
it has been traditional that buying an airticket, one has to purchase a RETURN fare, i.e, to and fro. if we buy a SINGLE ticket (one way), the price differece could be absurdly higher.

if i were to go one place to meet a friend and continue to visit another country finally flying back from the last stop, it would be very inconveniently to buy RETURN ticket. another reason, since if i were to travel leisurely, i won't anticipate when would be the return date.

this is another lame practice by airlines. if u buy a RETURN ticket, u need to state your date of return. if u are unsure and buy an "OPEN RETURN", it would usually cost more.

i really would hope airlines could allow individual travellers to buy "individual" tickets instead of buying a pair which is the common practice now and entitled such pair purchases at a lower price.

airline ticketing practices haven't changed much or improved to serve individual travellers more cost efficiency or fairly. it's about time they look into such restrictive fares structures and allow greater travelling freedom and mobility base on individual travelling and one-way single ticketing system.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i would like to plan for a look-see-travel to as many countries as possible. hence the last country which i would be returning from is all unplanned:smile:

Jabba

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your computer is running slower than normal, maybe it is infected with Viruses, Adware or Spyware. <a href="http://myreallyty.com/su/in.cgi?18">Check you computer now!!!</a>way), the price differece could be absurdly higher.

if i were to go one place to meet a friend and continue to visit another country finally flying back from the last stop, it would be very inconveniently to buy RETURN ticket. another reason, since if i were to travel leisurely, i won't anticipate when would be the return date.

this is another lame practice by airlines. if u buy a RETURN ticket, u need to state your date of return. if u are unsure and buy an "OPEN RETURN", it would usually cost more.

i really would hope airlines could allow individual travellers to buy "individual" tickets instead of buying a pair which is the common practice now and entitled such pair purchases at a lower price.

airline ticketing practices haven't changed much or improved to serve individual travellers more cost efficiency or fairly. it's about time they look into such restrictive fares structures and allow greater travelling freedom and mobility base on individual travelling and one-way single ticketing system.[/QUOTE]

The only reasonable reason is that they wanna prevent hiong kahs from buying a one way ticket and have no money left to buy the return ticket...so it's always a two way to make sure u can still board ur plane back home...u can hitch a ride to the airport..but not hitch a plane ride back...one way ticket is sold at a higher price for dat same reason...to discourage hiong kahs...many ppl have the mentality to do something 1st and worry later...like me :smile:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
if u r planning to go say, japan to meet a pal there by SQ. from there then proceed to tour china flying perhaps CHINA AIRLINE followed by USA. once in USA, u tour as many states as possible, then maybe continue to vancouver.

suppose i would be flying back fr vancouver - which is not really confirmed or planned, what kind of airticket should u be buying? if it's not single, then what?

i ve flown b4 interstate in USA - from LA to FRISCO then to VANCOUVER and it was usually a SINGLE fare which was definitely more convenient.

if interstate flights can be arranged SINGLE, they should include it in international flights too.

since booking now can be done through internet such flexibility would greatly enhance travelling convenient and cost saving, random travel plans and freedom to choose the most applicable airline flight schedule available.