• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Storm in a getai tea cup

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Storm in a getai tea cup
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to the recent brouhaha over getai shows held during the Hungry Ghost Festival. Some people felt the outfits worn by female getai singers were improper.
I beg to differ. Their costumes were decent and conservative and it was not as if they came on stage clad in G-string bikinis.
So the fuss was needless, as was the action by the police in warning show organisers to tone down.
After all, the singers did not commit any offence.

=> Do they have valid work permit?

Song Tiang Ann

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, we should loosen up a bit but be mindful that it is a sombre cultural activity to respect our ancestors or relatives who have passed away and live in another world of their own. It should not be mistaken for a mere entertainment. As it is open air, any body including kids, grandmothers, girls and Bangladeshi are free to watch.

I wonder whether you would want your mother, grandmother and little daughters to want to watch this piece of GIRLtai below which I understand is performed in neighbouring countries?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpDAkdotVZ4