• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Steve jobs has passed away.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The lesson behind this is that all the money and fame in the world can't buy you good health. Sinkies should pause to ponder their priorities in life.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies have a Pavlovian relationship with money. They hear of $$ they salivate. :rolleyes:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here's one from BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15193922

Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dies aged 56
Breaking news
Continue reading the main story
Related Stories

Obituary: Steve Jobs

Former chief executive and co-founder of US techonlogy giant Apple Steve Jobs has died, the company says. He was 56.

"Steve's brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve," Apple said.

Jobs announced he was suffering from pancreatic cancer in 2004.

His death came a day after Apple unveiled the new iPhone 4S at its headquarters in California.

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apple co-founder Steve Jobs dead at 56

20111006.080111_steve_jobs.jpg

Apple Inc co-founder and former chief executive Steve Jobs, counted among the greatest American CEOs of his generation, died on Wednesday at the age of 56, after a years-long and highly public battle with cancer and other health issues.

Jobs' death was announced by Apple in a statement late on Wednesday.

The Silicon Valley icon who gave the world the iPod and the iPhone resigned as CEO of the world's largest technology corporation in August, handing the reins to current chief executive Tim Cook.

Jobs, who fought a rare form of pancreatic cancer, was deemed the heart and soul of a company that rivals Exxon Mobil as the most valuable in America.

Apple's website at the moment has been changed to a tribute to its co-founder.

The company's board of directors said in a statement: "We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve Jobs passed away today.

"Steve's brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve."

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
a day before you kick your bucket please feel free to come in here and give some sound advice hor

I'll definitely do my best. I have a feeling it'll happen within the next 6 to 8 months. The prognosis isn't that good but then what do the doctors know.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'll definitely do my best. I have a feeling it'll happen within the next 6 to 8 months. The prognosis isn't that good but then what do the doctors know.

yeah, you are right _ what do the doctors know

a friend of mine was told by bunch of them that he got 8 months to live but he outlived the prediction by 1 month :o

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Nobody is going to talk about the iPhone 4s anymore. Apple timed the announcement perfectly.

With Steve gone, Tim Cooke will be able to lay claim to the iPhone 5 at the next Apple dog and pony show.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whats going to happen to this forum if you kick the bucket like Steve? Who is going to be the new kopitiam collector ah ?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I have personal experience like this, all you've achieved all you've gained all you've gathered can never stop death when its knocking at your door.

The world lost a great man but Steve Jobs gain the greatest legacy and liberation from sufferings.

Have a good one wherever you are Steve!

The lesson behind this is that all the money and fame in the world can't buy you good health. Sinkies should pause to ponder their priorities in life.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Whats going to happen to this forum if you kick the bucket like Steve? Who is going to be the new kopitiam collector ah ?

I have assigned someone I trust to make a simple announcement. The site will then be archived till the hosting contract runs out. It will then quietly disappear from cyberspace.