• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Starhub Broadband Cheekaboom liao

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore

StarHub broadband service disrupted in many areas across Singapore​

BookmarkShare

Advertisement​

Singapore

StarHub broadband service disrupted in many areas across Singapore​

StarHub said in an update that customers should start seeing their broadband and TV+ services come back online "progressively".
StarHub broadband service disrupted in many areas across Singapore

StarHub customers experienced issues with their broadband services on Aug 20, 2024. (Image: Facebook/StarHub, Mavis Ting)

Listen to this article
2 min
New: You can now listen to articles.
close.svg

This audio is generated by an AI tool.
20 Aug 2024 09:04PM (Updated: 20 Aug 2024 09:50PM)
BookmarkShare

SINGAPORE: StarHub customers in many areas across Singapore reported issues with their broadband service on Tuesday evening (Aug 20), with some complaining of intermittent connectivity while others said they had no service at all.
More than 7,000 reports were made on outage tracking website Downdetector as of 8.30pm.
In a Facebook post at about 8pm, StarHub said it was aware customers in some locations may be experiencing "disruptions" to their broadband service and that it was "working to resolve the issue promptly".

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
in my various workplace, relative's home, my home, i have tried broadband from Singtel, M1, Starhub, MyRepublic and Viewquest.
  • Viewquest is the best. Down once every 1-2 years.
  • Singtel and M1 are cocky and arrogant. They don't keep their promises and poor tech support.
  • MyRepublic was ok, just slower (during that era), but now they are owned by Starhub now.
  • Starhub is the worst, will be down once every 2 months and always in denial. I got to use starhub TV+broadband, because seniors watch cable, can't handle smart TV.
  • There are other providers like SPTel.

Last edited:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the govt should make them give their users 10% off the monthly bills whenever they got a service disruption for an extended period.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My phone is on Starhub mobile and everything is fine.

If you are desperate to get online on your computer, you can use your phone as a wifi hotspot, then make your computer connect to that wifi projected from your phone.