• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stampede Waiting to Happen in Dangerously Overcrowded Peesai!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>Coffee Shop Talk - Bad crowd control at Singapore Motor GP</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">ST0MPER <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">Sep-26 9:01 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 2) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>5714.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Bad crowd control at Singapore Motor GP

A STOMPer wrote in to express his dismay at the way the crowds were managed on the first day of the Singapore Motor Grand Prix.

Edwin told STOMP:

"I am writing to you for your attention to the crowd control situation at the Singapore GP after today's first practice.

"Crowds outside the floating platform Grandstand were in a standstill.

"The crowd from the various grandstands were moving in opposite directions at the same time and were stuck a the bottleneck at the two narrow path ways of T16 and T19, which were blocked by fences on both sides.

"The crowds were stuck in the situation for a good 45 minutes. It took this long to walk through the 50m walkway.

"The worst is that there were some police within the area but they were not controlling the crowd and instead, gave wrong instructions to the crowds to move into the grandstand area where there was no exit point!

"When asked, they simply replied, "We were told that there is an exit that way..." and "What can we do now..."

"When asked further why the gate to Mandarin Oriental was not open, they replied, "it is private property..they are not allowed to open the gate."

"But this was an emergency and if the crowds were not well controlled, a disaster may happen.

"I think there should be more police or marshals controlling the movement of the crowd to avoid unnecessary accident!

"Without checking and understanding the ground, they even pointed the large crowd to the wrong direction, adding to the problem of the jam.

"If we cannot control the crowd, I am concerned that the crowd control in the coming two days would be worse.

"If someone in the crowd starts panicking, especially younger children, a stampede might happen and will cause serious injury!

"I hope someone will look into this immediately a

"The coming two days are really crucial as there will be more then 110,000 people moving in the limited space/vicinity.

"I'm very concerned for the safety of the participating crowd.

"After all, this is a world-class event."

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>