• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'pore to buy water from Indonesia after M'sia agreement ends on 2015

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.tempointeractive.com/hg/nasional/2011/01/05/brk,20110105-303940,uk.html

Indonesia to Provide Clean Water to Singapore
Wednesday, 05 January, 2011 | 15:30 WIB

TEMPO Interactive, Jakarta:Indonesia will provide clean water and energy to Singapore. The city-state is expected to experience a water shortage by 2015. The clean water supply will be sent from Batam, Bintan and Karimun (BBK) due to its close location to Singapore.

“After 2015, Singapore will go through more (water) shortages,” said Lucky Eko Wuriyanto, Deputy Minister in charge of Infrastucture and Area Development at the Coordinating Ministry for the Economy, in Jakarta yesterday. As compensation, Singapore is ready to develop the BBK area which badly needs infrastructure development.

Hatta Rajasa, Coordinating Minister for the Economy, said that infrastructure development is work that must be carried out by both countries. “But the financing part has not been mentioned yet,” said Hatta. Even though infrastructure development is still being discussed, cooperation in other sectors have already been carried out such as in the area of customs, master list and harbor development.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hope those PRCs,Indians (from India), Pinoys, ect2 realise that they are migrating into a tiny red dot which lacks the most essential ingredient in life -water. They will only aggravate the situation which future generations will pay a heavy price.

Hopefully some of the 66.6% manages to wake up their idea and see that this irresponsible regime is still letting in floods of low quality immigrants that will put further strains on our limited resources of land,housing,water and even sand!

Do not sell away our children's future for short term gains.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Buying water from Indonesia is no cause for comfort because the moment relations sour, they will also play their water weapon and resort to blackmail.It's a matter of race and politics!:rolleyes:

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans must drink only JUMBAN WATER or SAI CHWEE.

PAP insisted so that Toilet Water is cheaper, why waste money to buy from Indon when we CAN 100% self-sufficient to drink from our own urine and menstruation discharge?

:biggrin::biggrin:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buying water from Indonesia is no cause for comfort because the moment relations sour, they will also play their water weapon and resort to blackmail.It's a matter of race and politics!:rolleyes:

I concur with that. Just look at how they try to turn the table with their supply of natural gas to us. They are presently also trying to seize Temasek's investments through various means and their SBY President is just keeping silent. In fact, I think that if comparing the 2, Malaysia's present government is a better bet, provided our ministers don't back stab behind their backs like what Wikileaks had revealed, thus souring the relations.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
This announcement made by indonesia, not cheenapore.
If I am correct, cheenapore will rely on water from Malaysia until 2065, after which, it will be self sufficient. But with extra population to care fore, i.e. ft's maybe they need to look at their plan again.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i doubt the authencity.

We are on course to be self-sufficient in water supply ~ and being a strategic resource...i don't think we will buy from Indon.

Maybe a bit to give face but not to the extent where we depend on it for survival. But i rather we continue to buy some from Mudland.

I rather we buy sand than water.

pegasus

Alfrescian
Loyal
This statement was made by a Indonesian minister so we cannot just dismiss it. There may be some truth to it if this has been stated publicly. Have there been secret negosiations between Spore and Indon on this which we are not being told about. Why is the MSM not reporting ( or debunking) it? Is our self sufficiency water policy a failure which they want to keep hush hush because of the 6.5m Freign trash immigration policy? Esp since elections are coming?

jacobsgoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't underestimate lky's son's merrymen, it could be in 5 years' time, Leeapore will be selling water to ASEAN nations when they come begging; Leeapore has the best people manning the country [or so they claimed].

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once again, Singapore will be poring monies into Riau Islands.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to build our own seawater desalination plant like what we did for Tuas?

According to records, we should have as at June 2013 a daily capacity of 318,500m³ from both our seawater desalination plants at Tuas. This should me more the enough to cover 40% of the country's needs.

Hence, if we cannot keep up with our requirements for water, it's high time we start controlling immigration.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if i am not wrong...the agreement with Mudland ends 2011 / 2012 and 2065 / 2066 not 2015.

if we are to buy water ... shldn't we continue to buy from Mudland? Unless they are now expecting exorbitant prices for water.

why go dev infrastructure on the Riau islands and then lay a fucking long pipeline (long distance- meaning you need pumping stations along the way, prone to terrorist and contamination risks) --> expensive some more.

Unlike Natural gas, while we have a LNG line from Natuna fields, we resell LNG to other countries - so there are other Roberts to pay for the costs. Whereas, here, if we are really going to buy water - singaporeans become the Roberts ?

theV2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bullshit news as they want to sell water to Singapore. Not Singapore buy from them. Also, we have our recycled piss water and refused to buy from the northern m&ds, so why need to buy from those southern m&ds?

theV2

Alfrescian
Loyal
This announcement made by indonesia, not cheenapore.
If I am correct, cheenapore will rely on water from Malaysia until 2065, after which, it will be self sufficient. But with extra population to care fore, i.e. ft's maybe they need to look at their plan again.

Spot on. Also, would be piss perfect if the FTs chinks and ahpuhneneh here are supplied with newater into their homes. Makes me smile that they drink our piss.