• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'pore, Malaysia to bear cost on 3rd bridge

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Malaysia/Story/A1Story20090612-147929.html

S'pore, Malaysia to bear cost on 3rd bridge

Fri, Jun 12, 2009
The Star/Asia News Network

PUTRAJAYA: The construction cost of a third bridge linking Singapore and Malaysia will be borne by both countries if it materialises, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak said.

The decision on when the construction could begin would depend on the outcome of a feasibility study, he said.

The bridge, he added, could bring development to Johor, Pahang and Terengganu.

"I have asked Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Tan Sri Nor Mohamed Yakcop to discuss the matter as soon as possible and appoint consultants for a feasibility study that will include the construction cost," he told a press conference after attending the 2010 Budget consultation meeting at the Finance Ministry here Thursday.

On another matter, Najib said even with the liberalisation of the economy the Government had to ensure Bumiputra companies were not left out as a result.

"I feel there are ways to help Bumiputra companies to be more resilient and competitive," he said.

Asked to comment on the recent outbreak of violence in southern Thailland, Najib said Malaysia would continue to provide help including vocational training and education to the communities there.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah built a bridge so that Mas Selemat will not swim so hard over. :biggrin:

By the time MSK come HOME to.......5!, :biggrin: ha ha ha..ok SINgapore!, he would have two years practice of his arts...he would not be needing an flotation device ( improvised or such), or bridge!..

He will "WALK ON THE WATER"...( Ian Gillan will personally sing that refrain)!!:biggrin:

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Makapaa and Metalslug keep starting threads on the same topic. Please scan through page 1 (or 2) before starting, thanks.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Makapaa and Metalslug keep starting threads on the same topic. Please scan through page 1 (or 2) before starting, thanks.

we need the host, to tidy up the threads, by merging or delete duplicated thread. but he is only busy cycling.

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a bridge on the left, there's going a bridge on the right then why do we still need the causeway in the middle. Isnt it better we do away with the casueway in the middle. I think this is their long term 如意算盘>.If the causeway is removed than ships can go directly to pasir gudang or tanjong pelepas.
However,I think singapore govt is not stupid either , just look at the land they are reclaiming at pulau tekong,Pulau Tekong, Tekong may replace kepple as the next port of call
SingaporeLink: <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=pulau+tekong&sll=37.509726,-95.712891&sspn=36.127031,79.101563&ie=UTF8&ll=1.413831,104.046965&spn=0.04479,0.077248&t=h&z=14>

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
What to do? I didn't expect Makapaa and some others ending up posting the same topics... I sometimes updates my threads with new related articles...

I can't even delete my own thread if double posts occurrs...

we need the host, to tidy up the threads, by merging or delete duplicated thread. but he is only busy cycling.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the neutral side of views, the M'sian leaders already see the importance of cooperation with SG as global competition intensified. Najib came with plans of shifting railway, built MRT to JB, 3rd bridge link from the east of SG. (And this link is going to link near to Changi Airport!)

If this could world out, it could be good for SG local too. Language barrier to M'sia is minimum and we got another place nearer to spend too. :wink:

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a bridge on the left, there's going a bridge on the right then why do we still need the causeway in the middle. Isnt it better we do away with the casueway in the middle.

Causeway at the middle got railway and water pipes supplying water. Not so easy to just dismantle like that...

I think this is their long term 如意算盘>.If the causeway is removed than ships can go directly to pasir gudang or tanjong pelepas. However,I think singapore govt is not stupid either , just look at the land they are reclaiming at pulau tekong,Pulau Tekong, Tekong may replace kepple as the next port of call

This is also another smart move but peasant dun benefit from that. Those land where the port at southern would then be sold for higher $$$. And then the airport and port are so near to one another. Plus with cheaper labour if 3rd bridge is link to the East.

Then the white scum claim another million$$$ again....:rolleyes: