• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'pore a home for talents - Gan

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every time talk about provide training for locals..knn..what else can they say? I know a contractor who told me a keling S-pass holder got himself a PR - after merely work in Sg a year. His boss was shocked when this keling show him the PR status. Traditionally, it's the company who apply PR for them after working for about 6 yrs. Now, it's history. Today, FTs can apply on their own, and got it immediately without rely on their employers. This contractor even says that he don't trust our statisticians. This might explained why our hdb flats has been pushing to new high, despite the downturn. He further cited that the MIWs want to go ahead with the 6m population, regardless of the current unemployment rate.

May 19, 2009
S'pore a home for talents

MANPOWER Minister Gan Kim Yong has spelt out plans to make Singapore 'a home' for locals as well as for foreign talent.

To do so, the ministry plans to develop, among other things, good employment practices, high standards of workplace safety and health, and a 'well-managed' foreign workforce.

'We will do more to position Singapore as a home for talent, both local and foreign, with a compelling proposition of fulfilling career opportunities and high quality of life,' he said on Tuesday.

He was laying out his ministry's plans in an addenda to President SR Nathan's speech to Parliament on Monday which gave an overview of the Government's strategies for the remaining legislative term.

The addenda is a blueprint which MPs then debate when Parliament sits next week, from Monday.

While the ministry mapped out its long-term vision, one immediate task is tackling the current economic crisis.

At a press briefing on Tuesday to elaborate on the addenda, Mr Gan said the various Government measures to minimise job losses have worked, keeping unemployment levels low here.

Credit, he said, should go to schemes such as Jobs Credit which subsidises employers' wage bill and the Skills Programme for Upgrading and Resilience (Spur) which covers worker training.

He further pledged to provide locals more training opportunities by expanding the current infrastructure of national adult training centres.

Coping with the economic crisis was just one of six priority areas that the ministry identified. The other include plans that look beyond the downturn, such as building workforce capabilities by raising productivity and quality of the locals and foreigners.

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
With dynastic succession presiding over a sham republic, it is difficult to see how talents can make peasantpore their home.

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
[COLOR="_______"]frankly speaking

I think it is only in SinkaPoor whereby garment just do want they want regardless of the protest from citizens. No other countries is as Unique as sinkaPoor.

Even when citizen / netizen are all complaining about the flood n influx of FT. The garment refuse to acknowledge and listen, instead they ask so many ministars and prataman to tell u to accept and EMBRACE these farking FTs.

Welcome them into our house! So that they can spread disease, rape our children, murder our fellow sinkies and steal our jobs.

THX u garment see u in 2011

btw fark u and all your families and future generations!
[/COLOR]

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
HOme for Talent. WHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!!!!

How about he HOME for all riches and prosperity. This one sounds better. I should be a wayang advisor for the sinkie media.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ask GAN ( gan!), what talent it is to employ a Bangladeshi Network Engineer?, to maintain servers, VPN etc.. ( I spoke to one lately), we do not have trained Network Emgineers out there?, can not be right?...SINpapore is a paradise for all these cheap labours from third world country, who come here to depress the local wages, restrict their rights ( labour unions)..do we need to welcome such TALENT?..maybe GAN should consider getting a China politician who is also a TALENT to take over his position, at a cheaper price, which will save our economy....

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The truth is they need this to push up the economy

and the 2nd reason is that these PAP losers are only capable of handling pple from 3rd world.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkieland is has a lot of talents. Only that, the top people don't know how to identify and use the talents!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkieland is has a lot of talents. Only that, the top people don't know how to identify and use the talents!

The word is not IDENTIFY talent...any, every, & all bona fide SINpaore employers know there are SINgapore talents out there. The problem is the UNION, allow the employers to have a G.S.S., Great singapore Sale, year after year...employing SINgaporeans at restricted pay & benefits; and employing FOREIGN TALENTS, in the past, traditionally from Malaysia, now, it is the United Nation, come one, come all.

These "talents'...can be found and mined from the SINgapore workers pools, but they do not. Don't tell me the schools, polytechnics, universities are not churning out quality SINgapore workers?, SINgapore talents.

Do we need to identify?:(

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
i remember i was greeted by a smiling face of the shopkeeper for my $1.20 drink, and when i left, i heard she scolded her dad ? isn't the family member should be treasured more, should receive more cares and helps, even more smiles than a customer whom she did not know.

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking cheebyes Ivy league going gahmen fucks applying textbook economics theory again. Did those ivies not teach them to think out of the box!????
They fully embrace the open economy model and in the process highly depress wages and welfare of people in the middle and lower class. The end result is that the big business owners and MNC firms benefit at the expense of the locals. WTF man! We are re-distributing our welfare to all these foreigners and somemore they don't have to do NS!?
So what if our GDP/ capita is one of the highest in the world!? How many people in the lower echelon of our society have to suffer to achieve this figure!?
Has anyone ever tried to measure our Gross Happiness Index? I bet it must be one of the lowest in the world!

It suck to be a Singaporean.

huahero

Alfrescian
Loyal
S'pore a home for talents I'm so sad seeing this title...

I'm neither Talented nor contribution to the Nation, no wonder I don't feel Happy in Singapore.

Eurekas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is a home for those sleazy sex talents!!! I can find many China students and peidu mamas soliciting for sex in the streets? Kelings spitting on the pavement and smell like shit. Foreign trash to bring more crime, diseases and social problems but less wages and lower quality of life to native Singaporeans. Where is the quality control of foreign trash? How to accept those trash as one of us when they are very different and bring more problems to most Singaporeans?