• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SPG1 Kena Scolded By SPG2 @ Cookie Museum

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Cookie Museum's service attitude not worthy of The Esplanade
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->MY FRIENDS and I dined at The Cookie Museum at Esplanade Mall recently and I had to charge my mobile phone in anticipation of a call.
I sought permission from a waiter to use the outlet's power supply. The waiter kindly switched on the supply after I plugged in. However, the manager approached us and insisted I did not seek permission to charge my phone. She added that while the outlet could accede to such requests, I could charge my phone for only 10 minutes because I did not receive the authorisation from her.
She went further to challenge us to check the security surveillance cameras if we wanted to dispute that. At the end of 10 minutes, she promptly told her staff to pull the plug on the phone.
While I fully understand and agree that food and beverage outlets have the right to deny such requests, we did not appreciate the accusing tone and unpolished management style of this manager.
The Esplanade is now an iconic landmark with its inclusive arts programmes and F&B outlets. The arts venue has also received accolades for creating a favourable environment to attract arts participants and it should not allow tenants that do not appreciate its rare ambience.
More crucially, good service campaigns need to be more than just a label which informs paying customers that the service staff will go the extra mile when appropriate. Positive demonstration of attractive service standards matters at the end of the day.
I look forward to making every 10 per cent service charge payment worthy.
Jenny Lim (Ms)