• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SPG went after an Indian guy...

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>Coffeeshop Chit Chat - SPG went after an Indian guy...</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">10:24 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 4) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>10031.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>People call us zebra

</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : end --></TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- show image if available --></TD></TR><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
ST_IMAGES_FCMARRY-4V3.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Joanne Ang's (right) grandmother told her parents to accept Ramesg Nad (left) before she died. -- PHOTO: JOSEPH NAIR FOR THE STRAITS TIMES
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->Joanne Ang, 32, and Ramesh Nad, 41

The two met in 1997 when Ang was working part-time as a KJ (karaoke jockey) in Fishermen's Rendezvous, a bar Nad owned in Katong.
Ang, then a polytechnic student, was stressed by schoolwork and working part-time, and found a confidant in the older Nad. The two often stayed back to chat and drink.
She felt comfortable with him and asked him out for a drink. Things grew from there.
It was the first time either of them dated outside their race but they were not concerned.
Food and beverage manager Nad, the youngest of six children, had cousins who had married Westerners and moved overseas, so his family was open-minded and he faced no objections.
But Ang, who is self-employed, faced resistance from her conservative parents. They tried to discourage her and wanted her to keep her options open.
'My mum said that there are 1,001 Chinese men, why must I pick an Indian. But I knew it was actually my dad complaining to her,' she says.
But she was adamant. 'I was persistent and stubborn, and told them that if they loved me, they should let me choose my own partner.'
Things started to change a year later on the death of her grandmother, Madam Ong Huay Lian, 80. Before she died, she told Ang's parents to accept Nad.
Unknown to him, Nad had impressed her during the wedding dinner of Ang's sister, Annie, 38. He had offered a seat to an elderly woman, not knowing she was Ang's grandmother.
That dinner was the first time Nad met Ang's parents and relatives. She also has an elder brother, Jacob, 36.
That wedding was in 2000. Four years later, the couple got married too.
Today, a role reversal of sorts is seen as Nad, who is a Buddhist, is the one who takes pains over Chinese New Year decorations, visits the temple with his mother- in-law and pays attention to the feng shui of their five-room HDB flat in Punggol.
The couple, who are planning to have their first child, sometimes get stared at in the street by older folk but they have grown used to this and even joke about their differences. 'People call us zebra because I'm so fair and he's so dark,' Ang jokes.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It doesn't matter if you are black or white, but catches mice..ha ha ha...WHY?, of all the 10,001, virile Chines...she have to marry a Darlie..and bring up a confused child!?

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder the chinese getting darker and indian getting fairer, this selfish pretentious bitch causing problems and shame to her children.

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
She boh pian lah since she cannot get along with local chinese guy, so indian also can do lor, rather than you all label her SPG more chialat right.

Her looks not bad leh, nice to hoot, hoot to lick.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ai yah
why so mean.
if that is what she like, then let her enjoy life.
cause life is too short for barrier and stuff.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whats wrong with kojakbt? Whats wrong with interracial marriage???

Luckily I rarely visit 3 in 1 kopitiam forum. Else I would vomit blood often time with kojakbt dominating the forum.

Last edited: