• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SPG Feels Proud Marrying Msian With No NS Liability

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Home > ST Forum > Online Story
</TR>
<!-- headline one : start --><TR>'Why I chose a China bride': Points in letter to undermine Singapore women not justified
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to the letter by Mr Alvin Tan, 'Why I chose a China bride' (Oct 19). Essentially, it has has stirred up a beehive. If Mr Tan has had unhappy encounters with Singapore women, there is no need to glamorise China brides to justify his choice.
When a couple unite in marriage, it must be based on trust and love. What has it to do with nationality? How is marrying a China bride better than a Singapore bride? But one thing I can list are the many good points about Singapore women.
It is undeniable that Singapore women are more educated than they were a decade ago. They are now more financially independent and more informed of world events and can definitely fight for their rights. But have they not done their part?
Just look around. HDB flats are usually co-paid for by husband and wife. While the typical Singapore wife has to take care of the children, she is still expected to bring home a salary. By today's standard, a single-income family is under financial strain. To be financially secure, a dual income is ideal and it cannot be achieved without the Singapore woman.
If Mr Tan still hopes for such traditional wives who are submissive, then yes, he will have to look beyond Singapore. There is no best of two worlds, asking an educated woman to submit to the whims and fancies of men, yet be financially independent. This is probably achievable in Virtual World.
To enlighten further, are household chores and taking care of children, which includes nurturing and building their capabilities to enter the working world, not managed mainly by Singapore women? I do not deny that men put in more effort than a decade ago. What about Singapore women who gladly take a break from work to spend time with their children? They sacrificed the golden years of their lives for their children when they could have used the time to soar up the career ladder. The points by Mr Tan undermining Singapore women are not justified. Is a Singapore bride a bad choice?
I would not restrict the choice of husband for my daughters, but if the men are the self-contained, self-centred type, I would encourage my daughters to look further, Singapore or not. One thing I can enlighten Mr Tan on is my husband, a Malaysian, has been happily married to me, a Singaporean, for close to 10 years and we have two happy and beautiful daughters, both Singaporean. I have never lamented about Singapore men not meeting my expectations. Love is blind to nationality, race and age. I just need someone who loves and respects me, Singaporean or not. Cheng Wan Ying (Ms)

http://www.facebook.com/people/Cheng_Wan_Ying/820293339

s820293339_1947.jpg

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why hubby doesn't wanna take up Sg citizenship? If this SPG has sons, would she want them to take up Sg citizenship?

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why hubby doesn't wanna take up Sg citizenship? If this SPG has sons, would she want them to take up Sg citizenship?

Plebs like you don't understand. By remaining Malaysian he can buy Malaysian property as well. And, done right, his children get a choice when they are 21.

What's the big deal about NS?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Plebs like you don't understand. By remaining Malaysian he can buy Malaysian property as well. And, done right, his children get a choice when they are 21.

Indeed, only the 66% goondus still feel proud of serving ant ass, when their real priority is to overthrow your owners, put to sleep their running dogs and kick out the FTrash.

C

cliffstyle

base on what she says on the article, well, i dun think Sg women suits me. Kind of turn off on what she says. She seems to put on a challenge to men.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, only the 66% goondus still feel proud of serving ant ass, when their real priority is to overthrow your owners, put to sleep their running dogs and kick out the FTrash.

So much anger. Did you passed over by an FT who works twice your hours at 3/4 the pay? You deserve it.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal

the big deal about NS is every year 20000 - 30000 young boys begin a journey where they gave up two years of their prime youth to idle in enclosed compounds.

they did this so that they can protect sorry arseholes like you who spit on them. from your statement, I can see that you are not a Singaporean male. so dun gave us nonsense about NS being big deal or small deal, you shithead

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
the big deal about NS is every year 20000 - 30000 young boys begin a journey where they gave up two years of their prime youth to idle in enclosed compounds.

they did this so that they can protect sorry arseholes like you who spit on them. from your statement, I can see that you are not a Singaporean male. so dun gave us nonsense about NS being big deal or small deal, you shithead

When you start carrying a baby in your womb for 24 hours a day 273 days in a row, then you start talking about NS being a big deal.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you start carrying a baby in your womb for 24 hours a day 273 days in a row, then you start talking about NS being a big deal.

Women choose to have babies for their own benefits but NSmen are forced to serve for the country almost free of charge and be discriminated later in the job market and sidelined in their careers.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Women choose to have babies for their own benefits but NSmen are forced to serve for the country almost free of charge and be discriminated later in the job market and sidelined in their careers.

Yeah, right. And women don't get discriminated against because of their maternity leave. You are the same group of NS-self-righteous SOBs who ask "Do you intend to have any more children", because they are so afraid of not hitting their targets at the end of the year. Now that the tables are turned, I don't go asking "do you have to do reservist?"

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal

you are not comparing apples with apples.

I have many friends who are married with children. There is even one who just delivered and has declared that she is going to have another soon. So, even thought it is greatness of a mother to carry a baby in their womb for 24 hours a day 273 days in a row, the important point to note is that they do it WILLINGLY.

compared to NS, speak to most NS men and you will hear curses. Why? Because it is forced labour.

Most mothers will look at their babies with dewy eyes and love. Most NS men will look at the NS uniforms and start cursing.

so what's the deal?

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, right. And women don't get discriminated against because of their maternity leave. You are the same group of NS-self-righteous SOBs who ask "Do you intend to have any more children", because they are so afraid of not hitting their targets at the end of the year. Now that the tables are turned, I don't go asking "do you have to do reservist?"

Both pregnant women and NSmen are victims of discriminations but

1. Not all S'pore women married and have babies. For those who do, the average is 2 children.

2. All S'pore men are compelled legally to serve NS and thereafter 10 in-camp every year up to age 40. For male foreigners, they do not need to serve NS.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now that the tables are turned, I don't go asking "do you have to do reservist?"

You don't go asking doesn't mean employers don't go asking. The facts remain that

1. Women have babies out of their own free will whereas

2. S'pore men are hauled to NS against their will, risk their lives, permanent injuries and get nothing in return.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i bet this lady does not cook or wash laundry. all she does is employed a maid to take care of the household affair, "very difficult" har. i also know!

Last edited:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So much anger. Did you passed over by an FT who works twice your hours at 3/4 the pay? You deserve it.

u made a glaring grammatical error in your typical running dog haste to reply. Btw, would u say the same thing if ur spawns or urself kena replaced by FTrash?