• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SpaceX successfully ‘catches’ Starship rocket booster in rare engineering feat | World News

Houri

Stupidman
Loyal
SpaceX successfully ‘catches’ Starship rocket booster in rare engineering feat | World News

www.hindustantimes.com

Elon Musk-owned SpaceX on Sunday successfully intercepted the returning booster back of its Starship rocket by using the mechanical arms in its launch pad, achieving a tremendous feat.
SpaceX-Starship-Launch-16_1728826483105_1728826502862.jpg
SpaceX's mega rocket booster returns to the launch pad to be captured during a test flight, Sunday, Oct. 13, 2024, in Boca Chica,, Texas. (AP Photo/Eric Gay)(AP)
This is the first time the company has recovered the rocket booster right on its launch pad rather than landing it on floating ocean platforms. SpaceX has been recovering the first-stage boosters of its smaller Falcon 9 rockets in this manner for almost nine years.

Also read | Elon Musk's SpaceX wins earlier-than-expected approval to fly fifth starship

Musk shared the stunning video from the exact moment in the social media platform X, owned by him. The returning booster of the Starship rocket was safely caught by the mechanical arms of its launch pad, seven minutes after its launch. The launch tower sported monstrous metal arms, dubbed chopsticks, that caught the descending 232-foot (71-meter) booster.
Engineers at the company were thrilled at their feat. “Even in this day and age, what we just saw is magic. I am shaking right now,” said SpaceX's Dan Huot, who observed the landing from near the launch site.
“Folks, this is a day for the engineering history books,” added SpaceX's Kate Tice from SpaceX headquarters in Hawthorne, California.

Also read | Elon Musk's Robotaxi gets a thumbs down from investors. Here's why

First successful recovery on the launch pad itself has ignited the hopes of enthusiasts for space tourism and a safe landing on Earth during return from space.
India's Anand Mahindra shared his excitement in a post on X. “And this Sunday, I’m happy to be a couch potato, if it means that I get to watch history being made. This experiment may just be the critical moment when space travel was democratised and made routine. Where can I buy my ticket, @elonmusk?,” he wrote.
SpaceX achieved this feat during the fifth test flight of Starship rocket. This “catch-landing” method is the company's latest advance in its pursuit to develop fully reusable rocket that can lift more cargo into space orbit. Musk also envisions to ferry humans to moon and eventually the Mars using reusable launch vehicles.
(With inputs from AP, Reuters)

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Big deal!!! Anything musk can do , china do it better. China will catch return rocket, refuel it and clean it and send it up again in 6 hours

Truthspeak

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is obviously so fake. You only see smoke when launching a rocket. If the rocket is indeed landing backward, there is no way to see any smoke at the launching pad. They are just reverse playing the video, to catch the reactions from the fucking globetards.
Such camera tricks will only fool the globtards aka the sheeple as usual

Eisenhut

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is obviously so fake. You only see smoke when launching a rocket. If the rocket is indeed landing backward, there is no way to see any smoke at the launching pad. They are just reverse playing the video, to catch the reactions from the fucking globetards.

Sharp eye. The fire was most intense at end..i was wondering why.....its just reverse video that explain the intense fire at rocket at end

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sharp eye. The fire was most intense at end..i was wondering why.....its just reverse video that explain the intense fire at rocket at end
You need a big boost from rockets to stop.
All that intense heat. How many times can these boosters be reused.