• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

soon ang mor in USA will be marginalised

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
WASHINGTON - FORMER secretary of state and US military leader Colin Powell would serve as an advisor to a Barack Obama administration, the Democratic presidential candidate said on Monday.

'He will have a role as one of my advisers,' Mr Obama told NBC in an interviewed aired Monday. 'He's already served in that function, even before he endorsed me.'

Mr Obama declined to say whether Mr Powell, who was chairman of the Pentagon's Joint Chiefs of Staff from 1989 to 1993 and secretary of state from 2001 to 2005, would have a specific position if he were to beat rival John McCain in the November 4 vote.

'Whether he wants to take a formal role, whether there's something that's a good fit for him, I think is something that he and I would have to discuss,' Mr Obama said.

Front-runner Mr Obama admitted that he had asked Mr Powell to hit the campaign trail on his behalf, but Mr Powell refused.

'You know, I won't lie to you. I would love to have him at any stop he wants to participate in,' Mr Obama said.

However, Mr Obama said, Mr Powell insisted he was not a politician, saying: 'I think it's best for you and John McCain to duke it out.'

On Sunday, Mr Powell endorsed Obama's bid to become the first African-American president, calling the senator a 'transformational' leader.

Speaking on NBC's 'Meet the Press,' Powell, a longtime Republican and the first African-American to chair the joint chiefs, said Obama had 'met the standard' to lead 'because of his ability to inspire, because of the inclusive nature of his campaign, because he is reaching out all across America'.

'I think he would be a transformational president. For that reason I will be voting for Senator Barack Obama,' he said.

Should the mixed-race Obama win on November 4, 'all Americans should be proud, not just African-Americans', he added.

'It would not just electrify our country, it would electrify the world.' -- AFP

busy123

Alfrescian
Loyal
WASHINGTON - FORMER secretary of state and US military leader Colin Powell would serve as an advisor to a Barack Obama administration, the Democratic presidential candidate said on Monday.

'He will have a role as one of my advisers,' Mr Obama told NBC in an interviewed aired Monday. 'He's already served in that function, even before he endorsed me.'

Mr Obama declined to say whether Mr Powell, who was chairman of the Pentagon's Joint Chiefs of Staff from 1989 to 1993 and secretary of state from 2001 to 2005, would have a specific position if he were to beat rival John McCain in the November 4 vote.

'Whether he wants to take a formal role, whether there's something that's a good fit for him, I think is something that he and I would have to discuss,' Mr Obama said.

Front-runner Mr Obama admitted that he had asked Mr Powell to hit the campaign trail on his behalf, but Mr Powell refused.

'You know, I won't lie to you. I would love to have him at any stop he wants to participate in,' Mr Obama said.

However, Mr Obama said, Mr Powell insisted he was not a politician, saying: 'I think it's best for you and John McCain to duke it out.'

On Sunday, Mr Powell endorsed Obama's bid to become the first African-American president, calling the senator a 'transformational' leader.

Speaking on NBC's 'Meet the Press,' Powell, a longtime Republican and the first African-American to chair the joint chiefs, said Obama had 'met the standard' to lead 'because of his ability to inspire, because of the inclusive nature of his campaign, because he is reaching out all across America'.

'I think he would be a transformational president. For that reason I will be voting for Senator Barack Obama,' he said.

Should the mixed-race Obama win on November 4, 'all Americans should be proud, not just African-Americans', he added.

'It would not just electrify our country, it would electrify the world.' -- AFP

incredible. the republicans must be red faced today.