• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Something quite disturbing

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Something quite disturbing</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>very_tired <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>12:07 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 8) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>17208.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Today I went to a macDonald. I was waiting for my foods and saw a man moving around the Q to choose a counter. When it was his turn, the waiter asked him for his orders and he said:
"Ni hui zhiang hua yi ma?" (Can you speak mandrain).
It was a PRC.
The waiter, a singaporean, answered "Yes."
And this guy ordered a "Ê¥´ú" (sundae). The waiter paused for a while, and realised that it was the "ice-cream".
You know what I mean?
Singaporeans now have to adapt and adjust to foreigners. When they are in a foreign country, aren't they supposed to learn the languages there?
It's like when you go to Germany, and ask the waiter "Li ai hiao gong hokkien boh?" (Can you speak hokkien?) And the German are supposed to adapt to your language and behaviour?
What if the waiters and waitresses were all Malays? I had been approached a few times to be a interpretor already.
And there was a row of 5 tables along the wall, 2 tables were taken by PRC students surfing net (I know because the manager asked them to come back later), one by Pinoy maids and their Indian boyfriend, and one by an Indian family, I was the only singaporean.
Singapore is walking towards its doom.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP ask u to welcome these mather fuckers into your home so that they we can assimilate their fucking rich culture of spitting and urinating in mrt

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... When it was his turn, the waiter asked him for his orders and he said:
"Ni hui zhiang hua yi ma?" (Can you speak mandrain).
It was a PRC.
The waiter, a singaporean, answered "Yes." ...
dat prc oredi asked dat waiter wat ... who asked dat waiter 2 say yes? ... dat waiter cud play punk n said no ...

... n den kena sacked by his manager! ... :eek:

What if the waiters and waitresses were all Malays? I had been approached a few times to be a interpretor already.
And there was a row of 5 tables along the wall, 2 tables were taken by PRC students surfing net (I know because the manager asked them to come back later), one by Pinoy maids and their Indian boyfriend, and one by an Indian family, I was the only singaporean. ...
how u noe dey r not sporeans? ...

kchunjeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wake up ! Wake Up , My dearest Singpaporean,
Don't NATO only ( No Action, Talk Only).

ACTION ! ACTION ! ACTION !

1) Takan the FT, TAKAN the FT !

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
FAP likes Foreigners and Bangla so much.

One day our MRT and SBS will be so crowded with Bangla, they even clmib on the roof like back home in good old AhNeh-desh or AhNeh-stan.

PAP ask u to welcome these mather fuckers into your home so that they we can assimilate their fucking rich culture of spitting and urinating in mrt

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mac's attendant's reply should be (in putonghua) "Yes we do. Please get back in line and we'll be pleased to get you the sundae when your turn to order comes."

The attendant should control the queues; it is part of their jobs."

HELLO. MacDonald's. YOU THERE?

Cheers!

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
why hate chinese who speaks mandarin? should hate those who worship ang mo and not even able to speak own language ?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've posted some stuff about not having the need for all FTs to understand English in another thread. However for this case, someone working in a place like Mcdonalds clearly needs to be able to speak English. Why is McDs hiring someone who doesn't speak English

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've posted some stuff about not having the need for all FTs to understand English in another thread. However for this case, someone working in a place like Mcdonalds clearly needs to be able to speak English. Why is McDs hiring someone who doesn't speak English

i tot the customer is PRC and the person serving him is a Singaporean?

since when did SGP became an English state? I tot we have 4 official languages?

what happen is a singaporean auntie who doesn't speak a word of english visited a bank officer who happens to be a Malay and who cannot speak a word of mandarin.

then how? close the bank account and move to another bank who hires PRCs who can speak mandarin?

very confusing leh...

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give our foreign talents time. They will pick up good English. We must also at the same time pick up their languages too.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i tot the customer is PRC and the person serving him is a Singaporean?

since when did SGP became an English state? I tot we have 4 official languages?

what happen is a singaporean auntie who doesn't speak a word of english visited a bank officer who happens to be a Malay and who cannot speak a word of mandarin.

then how? close the bank account and move to another bank who hires PRCs who can speak mandarin?

very confusing leh...

If U are trying to quote what I have to say in the other thread. I did say specifically that if the job does not require one to be able to interact with pple using the English language then yeah we do not need to know English. Some e.g. would be Dishwashers
Waiters in some Chinese restaurant whom are not expected to take orders
Restaurant Cooks/Chefs(since most of them do not need to interact with customers he just needs to be able to interact with the pple working around him or giving him customer orders)
Construction Workers
Cleaners
Like I said in the other thread it depends on the scope of the job. Does the job requires someone who needs to speak English, does the job requires that person to interact with someone who doesnt speak Chinese/Malay/Tamil

If some one working in McDonald's can only speak in Chinese/Malay/Tamil, then they should be working in the kitchen NOT at the counter serving customers.

1 job I think is inappropriate and that we currently have PRC pple doing it, Bus Drivers.