• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SNOC sends legal letter to marathoner Soh, demands he retracts allegations against Ashley Liew

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
SINGAPORE — National marathoner Soh Rui Yong has received a legal letter over his allegations that teammate Ashley Liew did not slow down at the 2015 SEA Games men’s marathon final to allow his rivals who had made a wrong turn to catch up.

In serving the letter, the Singapore National Olympic Council (SNOC) — the body that nominated Liew for an award for his act of “sportsmanship” — demanded that Soh publicly retracts his allegations and admit that his claims were wrong.

In October last year, Soh had in a Facebook post disputed Liew’s account of events that also saw the latter awarded the Pierre de Coubertin World Fair Play Trophy.

Soh, a two-time SEA Games gold medallist, has been given till April 8 to do so, according to the letter delivered to him by the SNOC’s lawyers from Rajah & Tann on Monday (April 1).

When contacted by TODAY, Soh insisted that he would not back down from his claims. “I’m not going to take it down and retract it, that means it will be me saying I’m lying,” said the 27-year-old.

“Of course, it’s not a nice situation. If they want to make it into a law case, it’s a big organisation against me and they have more money. But I’m not going to do that because my statement is true.”

More at
SNOC sends legal letter to marathoner Soh, demands he retracts allegations against Ashley Liew