• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Slow internet connection speeds due to damaged submarine cable near Taiwan

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE : Internet connection speeds are down for some online users in Singapore on Wednesday.

Service providers SingTel and StarHub attributed the slowdown to a damaged submarine cable system near Taiwan.

SingTel said the damage was caused by Typhoon Morakot, which swept through Taiwan over the weekend.

Customers may experience slow Internet access to some US websites.

Both internet service providers said restoration works have started and its engineers are diverting online traffic to other cable systems.

SingTel expects the situation to return to acceptable levels within the next 24 hours. - CNA /ls

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/448440/1/.html

No wonder my access to this forum is so slow today!!

:(

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WTF, slow internet connection go blame typhoon hitting Taiwan...? You mean Starhub and Singnet don't own a submarine cable linking Singapore to US direct>? Must go through Taiwan? Why? No landing right? KNS

Like that very good leh, poor service then go blame here blame there except oneself.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
WTF, slow internet connection go blame typhoon hitting Taiwan...? You mean Starhub and Singnet don't own a submarine cable linking Singapore to US direct>? Must go through Taiwan? Why? No landing right? KNS

Like that very good leh, poor service then go blame here blame there except oneself.

As usual they followed their white scum master. Whenever things are good, it's "Me, me and me!" and claim they deserved to be paid millions$.

But if things are not right, they blame it on external factors etc...:rolleyes:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Taiwan is the internet gateway from Asia to The States. Why not a direct line from Singapore to US? You pay for it lor!

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singtel has already been producing slow speed connections even without the submarine issue. Users around me uniformly complain about Singtel but nearly never with those using Starhub. It couldn't have been a coincidence.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singtel has already been producing slow speed connections even without the submarine issue. Users around me uniformly complain about Singtel but nearly never with those using Starhub. It couldn't have been a coincidence.

I am using Starhub and I can said that the line service is getting worse. There are intermittent disconnection. :oIo:

angie

Alfrescian
Loyal

How come pple using broadband & 3G phones have complaints when i am using dial up & Nokia 8850 have no complaints? :rolleyes: