• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinktel See Beh Unethical!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>SingTel's opt-out system for services unfair
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->RECENTLY, I renewed my broadband contract with SingTel for another two years.�The promotion plan came with a free Internet router and a three-month free Security Suite (anti-virus software) and MyAlbum service (for posting photos online). As I did not require these services, I simply ignored them, thinking the free service would expire after three months.
Unfortunately, three months later, I was billed for the Security Suite, which I did not even download.�I called billing inquiries and was told billing was automatic unless I opted out. The operator told me the charges would be reversed in my next bill.
This was done in my next bill, but this time I was billed for the MyAlbum service which too I had not used.�When I called billing inquiries again, I was told the charges would be reversed in my next bill.
In this uncertain economic climate, how can SingTel simply impose charges on subscribers without their consent, even if it is only a few dollars?�
Also, SingTel should not offer 'free limited' services to customers, only to charge them after the 'free promotion' period without their consent.�Currently, the onus lies with the customer to call the service provider to opt out of the service, even though he did not make use of the service during the 'free promotion' period.� Roland Ang

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's the same thing with almost every 'free' software one downloads nowadays, have to UNcheck the check boxes to opt out on installation of 'free' companion software.

I rejected any freebies upon making a subscription unless they are needed.

ashjaw

Alfrescian
Loyal
other subscriber also offer 3 mths freebies but if I don't need, I will terminate them immediately because I am afraid I may forget and end up paying.