• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie wants to kill himself because of Breakup

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
20101022.175748_suicide.jpg

A MAN, believed to have been distraught over a relationship break-up, slashed his wrist and then threatened to jump from an HDB block.

The drama unfolded on the ninth storey of Block 817, Jurong West Street 81 on Wednesday night.

It started soon after 7.30pm and lasted for almost three hours, said neighbours who saw the drama.

Police and Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) officers tried to talk him out of jumping and finally pulledhimto safety, to applause from onlookers.

The New Paper understands that the man had slashed his left wrist before going to a unit in the block to look for his ex-girlfriend.

The young woman and her family were home but they did not open the door for him.

hdbsuicide.jpg

A teenager, who declined to be named, said he had earlier noticed the man drinking at the void deck of the same block.

"I was going out at 7.30pm and saw him drinking. He was drinking from a bottle while another bottle was broken, with glass shattered on the floor," said the teenager who lives next door to the ex-girlfriend's unit.

He said that the man looked to be in his early 20s and was well-dressed.

"He looked like a businessman. He was wearing a white long-sleeved shirt with black pants and leather shoes."

The teenager said that when he got back soon after 9pm,he saw a lot of people gathered below the block. When he reached the ninth storey, there was a big commotion and he was surprised to see a man sitting on a ledge and threatening to jump. It was the same manhehad seen earlier.

Drunk

"He was drunk. He was making a big issue and said hewanted to jump. But he didn't," the teenager said.

He said the family living next door has three children - a daughter and two sons.

The daughter is about 21 years old. The elder son is studying in the Institute of Technical Education while the younger one is in primary school, he added.

"I think I heard the daughter ask her father to help," the teenager said, adding that he has never seen the man in the block before.

bottles.jpg

Another neighbour who lives a few doors away, Mr Hew Kwok Voon, 33, a chef, said he heard the man shouting in Mandarin.

Mr Hew said: "He was putting up resistance and asking the police officers not to go near him. He looked very agitated."

Soon after 10.30pm, the man became visibly tired and that was when the police pulled him to safety and took him away, he said.

"He didn't resist then," Mr Hew added. When the police and SCDF officers managed to prevent the man from jumping, the crowd clapped, said Madam Rena Rahim, 36, a logistics executive who lives in the block.

As she had just returned home, she managed to watch only the last 10 minutes of the drama.

When The New Paper was at the scene on Wednesday night, blood stains could be seen on the parapet and along the corridor outside the unit where the drama happened.

A left-hand print in blood was also seen on the wall beside the main door as well as on the door bell.

There was also broken glass, which looked like pieces from a beer bottle, along the corridor.

The blood trail continued to the staircase landing leading down to the eighth storey. There were also blood stains on the staircase railing.

The blood trail ended in a lift on the eighth storey. There were also pieces of glass from a broken beer bottle in the void deck.

A resident who lives in the next block said he noticed the man was injured. But he was not sure how the man had got injured.

No response

After the police left the ex-girlfriend's unit on Wednesday night, The New Paper knocked on the door, but there was no response.

When The New Paper visited the flat again last night, the family declined to be interviewed.

A neighbour described the daughter as tall, slim and pretty. She is believed to have just started working this year.

The police confirmed they received a call asking for assistance at around 7.45pm on Wednesday.

When they arrived at the scene, a man in his mid-20s was seen sitting on an upper-level ledge on the ninth storey.

An SCDF spokesman said a fire engine, a Red Rhino, two fire bikes, two rescue vehicles and an ambulance were sent to the scene.

The man was subsequently brought to safety by police and SCDF officers and was taken to the hospital for treatment.

He had a slash wound on his left wrist and his condition is stable. He was arrested for attempted suicide.

This article was first published in The New Paper.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's really hard to understand. If he is a sinkie, all the years of education and NS must have been an exercise in futility. Already in his mid-20s and he's still behaving like a teenange moron. Want to die must also think of his poor parents and relatives first and also firends who supported him. Now he's going to face a criminal charge for attempted suicide.:rolleyes:

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
this guy is a real loser, he thinks that by commiting sucide, the girl will come back to him. Women won't like wimps...

he shld use some form of strategy or trickery to win her back instead. I did try that myself before but my ex-wife was too smart for this:o

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
and a complaining loser like you is using a free forum service that is paid by the sex banner :oIo:

and a loser with a worms-infested anus like you is complaining in a free forum service that is paid by the sex banner :oIo:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Have you been in love ( or lust) or being out of love & filled with lusts? Some are just weak, and the country is not full of these people!.

:mad:

hi there

1. well, why try reasoning with ah sam, an elite himself may or may not see it.
2. honest, why did the poor guy go to that extent is something no one would understand.
3. but death does not solve any problem.
4. just leave the gal and move one with life.
5. there are plenty of other fishes in the sea.

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
he shld use some form of strategy or trickery to win her back instead. I did try that myself before but my ex-wife was too smart for this:o

You don't even have that skill.

You fell in love with a facebook friend (whom you have not met since school days) just by looking at her photo. Instead of working on your skills to chase women, you spent your time fantasing about her and sending her wimpy messages. In the end, she had to "unfriend" you.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
this guy is a real loser, he thinks that by commiting sucide, the girl will come back to him. Women won't like wimps...

No lah, I am sure it was H_o K_um H_ean who primed your wife for it. Your wife just undid her mistake of marrying you, you think she's going to make the same mistake again?

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you been in love ( or lust) or being out of love & filled with lusts? Some are just weak, and the country is not full of these people!.

:mad:

I've never heard of anyone slitting his wrists because he couldn't get a blowjob. Contrary to popular belief, love is a much stronger and addictive emotion than lust.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
You fell in love with a facebook friend (whom you have not met since school days) just by looking at her photo. Instead of working on your skills to chase women, you spent your time fantasing about her and sending her wimpy messages. In the end, she had to "unfriend" you.

Don't be like that lah.

Krafy suffered so much. Very likely the lady didn't intend to unfriend him. It was H_o K_um H_ean who put her up to it.

jw5

Loyal
It's really hard to understand. If he is a sinkie, all the years of education and NS must have been an exercise in futility. Already in his mid-20s and he's still behaving like a teenange moron. Want to die must also think of his poor parents and relatives first and also firends who supported him. Now he's going to face a criminal charge for attempted suicide.:rolleyes:
I can understand why some people don't want to live, but wanting to die because of a breakup is the most idiotic reason of all.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He better die that still living. Will be laugh and talk by all people around him
1. Lose Gf want to jump flat- useless bum
2. Begging for GF come back- useless again( i will slap him and encourage him to jump if he still want to beg)
3. Want to to wrist bo lan par( no gut like girl) - if dare cut deeperor chop of whole hand sure will die in less than 5 min.
4. Want to jump- bo lan par again( dont dare to jump talk so much)

This guy is born loser. Will not able to survive in current market with so many FT even smarter than him.
Just because of one hole want to suicide meaning really a loser because out there there are billion of cunt to choose if he really a man with money.,