• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singtels losses because of iPhone?

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They only may profits by taxing Singaporeans for phone use. This is always offset by bad decisions for investments and product development. They can say simi lanjiao also ok. Does not matter. They are SOEs.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is only an excuse. I'm sure they will never reveal the whole story about how they wasted their profits in other investments.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you believe? :eek:

I know all Apple products have a premium but even the amount Singtel is asking is ridiculous. Plus, Singtel didn't realise that the Apps store, and the iTunes music/video store are so important.

I mean, shouldn't they have asked Apple, as part of the deal, to open a local iTunes store, under the iTunes software weblink at sg.apple.com/iTunes store ?

Without the Apple iTunes store for Singapore, and with that the availability of the apps store, the iPhone would be a poor rival for Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericisson, Blackberry and LG smartphones that are available in Singapore.

I mean, when most Americans bought it, the Apps store was one of the top reasons, besides push email. Because the 3rd party software on the Apps store equalises everything and makes the iPhone competitive.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
maybe its another excuse for them to raise rates again.

Starhubs been moving their channels around requiring a digital decoder. Must switch the old analog for a digital one. If you have a second decoder, you have to pay more. Expect more "upgrades", at a cost of course :rolleyes:

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
they should implement broadband schemes with caps on the limit of download, and then charge $/mb downloads. that way, singtel can make hundreds of dollar from each individual broadband subscriber.