• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singtel's Broadband on Mobile a sham!

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi,guys,

singtel advertised their BB on mobile as up to 7.2 Mbps.Apparently,I tested for few days and discover that you won't get 7.2Mbps. I tested and only get 2Mbps maximum and in wee hours,supposingly to be off peak.Their explanation to me was because it's due to heavy internet traffic.
Why don't they advertised as up to 100 Mbps,knn! Moreover the difference lagging in the speed in what i get and their claim of up to 7.2 Mbps is really huge,D=5.2Mbps,more than half the speed in what a consumer supposed to get. This is not acceptable at all!

I don't accept their explanation cos as a technical person, i think they overload their system compromising the quality at the consumer's expense! So be careful with their bounding contract. If you really need the BB on mobile just take their minimal plan.:oIo:

do this test by pointing your mobile browser to this link and see for yourself:

http://www.speedtest.net/mini.php

fucking hell,another con job by our national Telco. carrier.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they can cheat you on your CPF, they can cheat on anything.

S'poreans Are STUPID! If i were them, I would cheat as well.

If you have a STUPID population, you would be STUPID not to cheat them.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
singtel advertised their BB on mobile as up to 7.2 Mbps.Apparently,I tested for few days and discover that you won't get 7.2Mbps. .....

When GLCs advertise there will always be alot of hype lah. :smile:

There are also problems with their broadband cable services. Not only will you not get the advertised speeds but there are problems with reliability of connection.

I'm using cable & when I connect to a webinair can lose the connections 20+ times. I know the problem is not on my side because sometimes I don't have any problems :eek:

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's just not fair,it is advertised that you will get up to 7.2 Mbps but only get up to 2Mbps,what is this,so much difference? You may as well advertise for speed up to 100Mbps.Just like you bring your motorcar to a garage for repair and was quoted "$500 plus" and after, see that the total bill was $599.90,will you jump or not?

I just realised that the minimal plan for speed is not available anymore,now they charge volume usage for standard 7.2Mbps,knn,isn't that trying to con people?I believe that they know they can't sustain at that advertised speed and majority cannot hit that 7.2 Mbps.People who subscribe will anticipate that they will get up close to 7.2 Mbps,thinking it's a good deal but not realise that they only get like quarter of the advertised speed.

The way they roll out this kind of business plan only show what kind of people are lurking in Singtel...yuks...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's just not fair,it is advertised that you will get up to 7.2 Mbps but only get up to 2Mbps,what is this,so much difference? You may as well advertise for speed up to 100Mbps......

Since when has things in Spore been about value :smile:

ERP, HDB, water, power, public transport,... are all expensive in Spore. You can get cheaper pay TV services through Astro(Malaysia) but its illegal in Spore. Why is there a 3/4 tank rule for motorists visiting JB? Its not political but all about state controlled monopolies & $$$.

You will only see improvements when Sporeans vote the PAP out.

Voting for PAP is voting for Spore Inc & all the monopolies they control. :rolleyes:

angie

Alfrescian
Loyal
1zm32q9.jpg

"Then where do you think my fat pay cheque come from?"

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
This issue has been present for many many years. I am not supportive of this idea of theirs of "oversubscribing" the number of users such that their infrastructure cannot handle it, and hoping that all the users/customers will not logon to the internet at the same time.

Same thing with mobile phones; they have base stations scattered around the island, but naturally these base stations only are able to cater to a fixed number of customers' mobile phones connecting with the base stations.

So the shit happens during big events like end of year countdown parties or christmas parties held in city area. When people converge into one single area for such big events, the base stations simply cannot handle the surge in numbers. People are booted off the network or their mobile phones simply show "connected", but yet they cannot receive incoming calls or sms-es.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
This issue has been present for many many years. I am not supportive of this idea of theirs of "oversubscribing" the number of users such that their infrastructure cannot handle it, and hoping that all the users/customers will not logon to the internet at the same time.

Same thing with mobile phones; they have base stations scattered around the island, but naturally these base stations only are able to cater to a fixed number of customers' mobile phones connecting with the base stations.

So the shit happens during big events like end of year countdown parties or christmas parties held in city area. When people converge into one single area for such big events, the base stations simply cannot handle the surge in numbers. People are booted off the network or their mobile phones simply show "connected", but yet they cannot receive incoming calls or sms-es.

there were times that i can't even load a local website properly and checked that the bandwidth for me then was less than 56Kps,not joking,it's really a pain in the ass. It was not even a special day,just normal after dinner time.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually when they say you have 7Mbps doesn't mean you will get exactly 7Mbps...

the bottleneck is always the overseas connections is slow, because people with faster bandwidth who paid few hundred bucks for theirs will have higher priority...than your $69.9 per month...

sgp is in such lose lose situation because almost all traffic will go overseas...unlike in America or Europe..where people are trading information with each others within that continent...

likewise within China....you can watch closed to HD quality movies...

so if you want to have close to the same speed, you should try to lived in those continents...that is where most "data" are being stored...

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually when they say you have 7Mbps doesn't mean you will get exactly 7Mbps...

the bottleneck is always the overseas connections is slow, because people with faster bandwidth who paid few hundred bucks for theirs will have higher priority...than your $69.9 per month...

sgp is in such lose lose situation because almost all traffic will go overseas...unlike in America or Europe..where people are trading information with each others within that continent...

likewise within China....you can watch closed to HD quality movies...

so if you want to have close to the same speed, you should try to lived in those continents...that is where most "data" are being stored...

yes,bro tee kee,you are right,if i can go,I won't even hesitate.But may i ask what is your minimal expectation of internet speed if let's say you subscribe to a speed of 3Mbps?if you get less than 1mbps for even local sites constantly,will you be happy?Furthermore,my point is that they are cheating pple knowing very well that 7.2Mbps cannot be achieved so they used the word "Up to" 7.2 Mbps.Correct me if I am wrong.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you get less than 1mbps for even local sites constantly,will you be happy?

i think you should call their help desk and ask them why...

keep bugging them until they give you a reply...:biggrin:

i suspect why your speed is slow is because they have installed all those spying equipment to spy on every single one of you...in the name of anti-terror act or anybody who wants to overthrow the Hakka Lee Regime.....:biggrin:

but if you say up to 7.2Mbps...then there's no argument leow already...

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
keep bugging them until they give you a reply...:biggrin:

you fuckin christains are also bugging ppl on the street .. "preaching" is a nice word for you gayboy . :biggrin::wink:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Like I said its all about $$$
In Spore they can get away with substandard services because there's no competition or regulatory body to force them to provide decent serrvice.

You see this with crowded mrt trains, public buses, expensive pay TV services,.... Why bother providing decent services if they can squeeze more $$ while providing the minimum level of service :mad:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like I said its all about $$$
In Spore they can get away with substandard services because there's no competition or regulatory body to force them to provide decent serrvice.

You see this with crowded mrt trains, public buses, expensive pay TV services,.... Why bother providing decent services if they can squeeze more $$ while providing the minimum level of service :mad:

very hard to get real competition if Hakka Lee Regime is around...

maybe opposition could work on this in the coming election...

so many ammos for oppositions they still can't win...damn jialat man...:biggrin:

must use real ammos than can work meh?

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
there were times that i can't even load a local website properly and checked that the bandwidth for me then was less than 56Kps,not joking,it's really a pain in the ass. It was not even a special day,just normal after dinner time.

Yeah, and then we can only gather how overloaded the current infrastructure is.

Your "after-dinner-time", everyone's "after-dinner-time". Unless you change your web surfing habits to access the Internet only in the wee hours of the morning on weekdays, this shit of a situation just ain't gonna improve.

The local telcos and ISPs are simply too complacent and assuming, just like what johnny333 says.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The local telcos and ISPs are simply too complacent and assuming, just like what johnny333 says.

Remember when the land line phones went dead in the Orchard Rd road area:confused: Someone blundered, I think back then it was under LHY.

I expect the same thing to happen to our wireless infrastructure before some people realise there are problems :rolleyes: