• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singtel organizes Dormitory Idol for FTs

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Singtel organizes Dormitory Idol for FTs</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">Mar-14 10:43 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 8) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>9194.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Rocking the dormitories
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : end --></TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- Author --></TD></TR><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Teo Wan Gek
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- show image if available --></TD></TR><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
dorms.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Mr Helal Uddin Abdul Late Sheikin, 25, will compete in the singing category of SingTel's Dormitory Idol contest. He will dedicate a Bangladeshi love song to his girlfriend. -- ST PHOTO: SAMUEL HE
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->

He lost out in love, but a song linked to that failed romance may just make him a winner tonight.

Mr Shad Md Rezaul Alam M A Jalil Mia from Bangladesh is one of 18 finalists at an event called Dormitory Idol.
He will be singing a Bryan Adams ballad called Everything I Do (I Do It For You).
'I met this girl in Bangladesh but things didn't work out between us. When I heard this song then, I felt like it was telling my life story,' said the 23-year-old, who is a safety officer at Keppel Shipyard.
The event is organised by SingTel to reward its prepaid mobile customers, many of whom are foreign workers.
The finalists, from nine dormitories, come from countries including China, India, Thailand and Malaysia.
They will compete in song and dance categories.
In the dance category, the contestants will show off their legwork to a mix of Hindi and Bangladeshi pop songs.
Mr Alamgir Hossain Zinnat Ali, 23, went out specially to buy a costume. Although it is his first public performance, the welder from Bangladesh said he is not nervous.
'Many of my friends will be coming to watch and I've been practising every day after work,' he said.
About 4,000 people are expected to turn up at the event staged along Upper Jurong Road and Pioneer Road North. The winner in each category will bag a trophy and $200 in cash.
[email protected]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singtel really cheapskate. Prize is trophy and $200.

Well is not a lot of money. But I guess is healthy fun for Foreign Workers in Singapore.

Btw, if Singtel give a big prize like $200,000, a lot of idiots here will cow pei cow boo and say Singtel favour FTs!

Give a lot of money, people cow pei, give little also people cow pei! CB!

eErotica69696969696969
:(

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
mobile phone market here is saturated, next best market is to sell calling cards to FTs, every weekend there's Singtel roadshow @ Geylang...