• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singnet Causes Ms Lim to Lose $$$

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>No technician in sight after mio breakdown disrupts all services
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->WE HAD mio TV installed on May 21 but three days later, our mio box broke down. We called SingTel immediately but were told the earliest a technician could come was today.
My husband works from home via his laptop and conference call. He was forced to go to work because he could neither go online nor use the land line. My girls were not able to have their MSN discussion with their classmates and had to SMS or call via their mobile phones. Most important, I was unable to trade stocks on the foreign stock exchange.
Our lives were completely dependent on that little box. When SingTel packaged broadband, home line and mio TV together, I am sure it realised that all three services will not function if the box breaks down.
What puzzles me is why SingTel cannot provide more immediate technical support. Why can it not give us broadband on mobile thumbdrive to tide over the waiting period? We were very disappointed with SingTel's service. Lim Lay Hoon (Ms)

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah hoon ...

sing & tel copied ze world crass, world best paid gahmen 1 la ...

gt recession prob, dunno how 2 solve ... ppl limped away, dunno how ...

but moni noe how 2 collect ...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know I am being discriminatory but such letters tend to come from the female gender.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>No technician in sight after mio breakdown disrupts all services
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->WE HAD mio TV installed on May 21 but three days later, our mio box broke down. We called SingTel immediately but were told the earliest a technician could come was today.
My husband works from home via his laptop and conference call. He was forced to go to work because he could neither go online nor use the land line. My girls were not able to have their MSN discussion with their classmates and had to SMS or call via their mobile phones. Most important, I was unable to trade stocks on the foreign stock exchange.
Our lives were completely dependent on that little box. When SingTel packaged broadband, home line and mio TV together, I am sure it realised that all three services will not function if the box breaks down.
What puzzles me is why SingTel cannot provide more immediate technical support. Why can it not give us broadband on mobile thumbdrive to tide over the waiting period? We were very disappointed with SingTel's service. Lim Lay Hoon (Ms)

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
[Our lives were completely dependent on that little box.]

Seriously, are we all slaves of technologies? LOL..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its easy enough to have a backup DSL router. Just replace the box if it breaks down.

However I notice that there's alot of intermittent problems with Singnets connection. I regulalry access webinars but notice intermitent breaks & reconnections. This is within a 1 hour period & occures in the low peak hours(after midnight).

Curious if Starhub has the same problems. Thinking of moving to Starhub. Anyone with feedback on Starhub reliability of connection :confused:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

This woman is ignorant of sinkie behavior, that's why.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For Starhub even if some of u may not agree its the best, is anytime better than Sinktel.

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
However I notice that there's alot of intermittent problems with Singnets connection. I regulalry access webinars but notice intermitent breaks & reconnections. This is within a 1 hour period & occures in the low peak hours(after midnight).

I had the same problem with SingTel for the past few weeks. Really irritating if you are watching movies. Called them, was told can only come in 10 days time as they say they are unable to support as I'm using non-SingTel supported router :mad:WTF..threatened to complain to their management if the fault after diagnosis is not due to my router but due to phone line.:rolleyes:

They lan lan agreed to come on Sunday and true enough it was due to line fault as the junction box connecters was corroded due to water ingress into box. Now getting download speeds which I was never able to achieve previously.

Go comprain to them lah.....Cheers :biggrin:

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
For Starhub even if some of u may not agree its the best, is anytime better than Sinktel..

Starhub got its shit service too. The broadband was also very lagging at times. When called them, it will be those waiting and "accusing" that it is the router fault. The line is not as stable as it used to be and at times the surfing speed is like crawling.:oIo:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Curious if Starhub has the same problems. Thinking of moving to Starhub. Anyone with feedback on Starhub reliability of connection :confused:

Disconnections or not(I'm a Singtel user for the past 1 year have never experience this btw), you're better off not using starhub. I was a starhub broadband user for a long time but about less then a year back, the access speed for Starhub broadband was so ridiculously slow(I was using the 2nd most exp plan) that using sites like Youtube was next to impossible. Hell, even getting onto Facebook was a huge issue

That was when I switched over. The funniest incident about this was when my bro using his Singtel 3g broadband was getting better speeds then his friend on starhub broadband. Needless to say the guy switched over the next day. I don't know if Starhub did anything to improve the situation but right now I'm sticking with Singnet until I hear otherwise. The problem was probably Starhub's pipeline(which is shared bandwidth) was getting too many users and they cant keep up with the demands. They were pretty aggressive in their promotion of the internet a year or 2 back.

Starhub got its shit service too. The broadband was also very lagging at times. When called them, it will be those waiting and "accusing" that it is the router fault. The line is not as stable as it used to be and at times the surfing speed is like crawling.:oIo:

See comment above. For the time being I suggest switching to Singnet or Pacnet if you do not have a contract

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was quite happy with Singtels service until recently when the intermittent problem started.

Even though they offered to install MIO I'm still using the older Prolink box :smile:
Anyone want to buy a MIO modem?

If its so hard to get service I'd rather switch service providers but looks like its a choice of evils. I've still got a few months on my contract. I guess its too much to expect GLCs to improve, but really frustrating when they can't even maintain connection :mad:

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its easy enough to have a backup DSL router. Just replace the box if it breaks down.

I'm using SingNet and I have intermittent problem too.

But I suspect is due to my notebook. When I was using a NEC notebook, there is no problem. Until recently, I changed to Dell... then always disconnect... there is no pattern, it just disconnect occassionally and lost the network connectivity. But the network is still showing "excellent" signal.

I got no idea what is the problem... just have to restart the system :mad:

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
bloody stupid family

since so dependent on these services no contingencies one huh? luckily box breaks down, if not, such stupidity, trade on foreign exchange, sure die very ugly one....

if so steady, immediately get another telcos to set up alternate lines la

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is the middle class acting like an upper class. Why this why that? Shaddup lah, you are a nobody. Only cheapskates fall for that MIO trick.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone who sign up for Singtel Mio plan are the most stupid/idiot. Monthly bill will be almost the same if seperated out all 3 services.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm using SingNet and I have intermittent problem too.

But I suspect is due to my notebook. ....
I got no idea what is the problem... just have to restart the system :mad:

I'm using a cable because its more reliable & faster than a wireless connection :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone who sign up for Singtel Mio plan are the most stupid/idiot. Monthly bill will be almost the same if seperated out all 3 services.

Thats probably why they are offering it for free for the first 3 months?

I already have cable TV & it was difficult to convince them I didn't want MIO even though it was being offered free :smile: