• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singnet Broadband home visit any good?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Called Singnet to find out the cause of intermittent disconnections problems I'm experiencing. This happens when I'm watching a webinaire with real time sound & pictures. In a one hour session I get connect/disconnect 6+ times.

They tell me that the undersea cables have been repaired.

On checking my account they could see that I was having connection problem & suggested a home visit by their techs to check my home cables.

The question I have is whether they can do anything useful when they do a home visit :confused: Even if there are cabling problems , can they do anything about it ?

Are any starhub users facing the same trouble :confused:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
internet wise, sgp location to access contents from US & Europe via internet is really crappy..

you want truly great speed, migrate to US or Europe...and access 16Mbps for $39.95... :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
internet wise, sgp location to access contents from US & Europe via internet is really crappy..

Yes I know about the problems with slow speed but my problem is with unreliability in connection.

I'm even thinking of trying Starhub if it will provide a more stable connection. However before I decide would like feedback from other users if Singnet engineers can do anything by a home visit.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I know about the problems with slow speed but my problem is with unreliability in connection.

I'm even thinking of trying Starhub if it will provide a more stable connection. However before I decide would like feedback from other users if Singnet engineers can do anything by a home visit.

aiyah, three of these shits are owned by Hakka LeeRegime...want competition, ask FTs internet co to come in...

fox_hound_33

Alfrescian
Loyal

No, don't try starhub or any other service provider w.o letting singnet technicians take a look. My broadband suffered intermittent connection failures a few months ago. Singnet techs came over (2 times) and the problem was finally traced to a junction box outside my home. They fixed it without any charges.

However i must add this too. The first time they came over they said my router was spoilt. So i bought a brand new one only to face the same problem. Anyway singnet was generous enough to refund me about 50% of the router cost due to their false diagnosis. My suggestion is to get a spare router, from a friend perhaps. Test your connection with it to confirm that the problem is indeed with singnets telephone lines.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My suggestion is to get a spare router, from a friend perhaps. Test your connection with it to confirm that the problem is indeed with singnets telephone lines.

Although I don't think its a modem problem, I can always dig up the two original modem which haven't been used. Each time I renewed my contract they insisted on providing a modem :smile:

What did singnet do in your case to fix the problem :confused:

fox_hound_33

Alfrescian
Loyal
Although I don't think its a modem problem, I can always dig up the two original modem which haven't been used. Each time I renewed my contract they insisted on providing a modem :smile:

What did singnet do in your case to fix the problem :confused:

One of the connections at the junction box was intermittent. So they reconnected it, that's all.