• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singgie Parent To Government: Please Pay For My Son's Overseas Medical Education

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bloody cheek, these type of parents are getting too much:rolleyes:

Reimburse medical students overseas

I REFER to the letter, 'Doc shortage: Why didn't we see it early?', on Monday and agree with the sentiments expressed.
My eldest son is now studying medicine overseas. My financial burden during these trying times would have been far less had the Health Ministry increased the local university intake a little more early, taking into consideration Singapore's long-term needs.

My son did not secure a place to study medicine at the National University of Singapore (NUS), and his second choice also was not really a choice.

Therefore, he was forced to seek a place in a foreign university to pursue his dream.

Now, he is studying medicine together with five other school mates at the same overseas university. All of them had passed the A levels with distinction but were rejected by NUS.

Besides allocating more seats for medicine at NUS, perhaps the Government should also consider reimbursing part of the expenses of medical students who are already overseas, taking into account the financial sacrifice made by middle-income parents when times are tough.

Steven Chong

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
next that idiot will ask govern to reimburse him for his air tickets to go visit his son:rolleyes:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Besides allocating more seats for medicine at NUS, perhaps the Government should also consider reimbursing part of the expenses of medical students who are already overseas, taking into account the financial sacrifice made by middle-income parents when times are tough. ...
gd try ...

u shud hv sent ur son 2 jb ... officially endorsed n much cheaper ...

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's with people like this that is precisely why this place is in trouble.

1. He did not ask if his son did not get a place because it was given to
a foreigner
2.He goes to appeal(sounds like begging) to the very same people who
has failed him and his son.(as citizens of Singapore)

He should not have begged publicly and humiliate himself and his family.

He should be outraged and indignant and do the correct thing-join the opposition and better still tell his story for all to hear during the election period.

I hope his son and 5 other school mates on graduating as doctors will also do the right thing-join the opposition and show themselves as examples of how the present ruling party has failed us.

DearestGodlikeWarlord

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Steven Chong (is he also the hunky barbaric failface dork who sang in Singapore Idol in his underwear) defeats us all.

Bloody cheek, these type of parents are getting too much:rolleyes:

Reimburse medical students overseas

I REFER to the letter, 'Doc shortage: Why didn't we see it early?', on Monday and agree with the sentiments expressed.
My eldest son is now studying medicine overseas. My financial burden during these trying times would have been far less had the Health Ministry increased the local university intake a little more early, taking into consideration Singapore's long-term needs.

My son did not secure a place to study medicine at the National University of Singapore (NUS), and his second choice also was not really a choice.

Therefore, he was forced to seek a place in a foreign university to pursue his dream.

Now, he is studying medicine together with five other school mates at the same overseas university. All of them had passed the A levels with distinction but were rejected by NUS.

Besides allocating more seats for medicine at NUS, perhaps the Government should also consider reimbursing part of the expenses of medical students who are already overseas, taking into account the financial sacrifice made by middle-income parents when times are tough.

Steven Chong