• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporean kids tortured by FT maid

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
maid-desmondlim.jpg

A RECENT YouTube video clip showed a maid abusing a toddler in Malaysia.
Posted on Stomp on April 2, the two-minute clip got Netizens here asking: how prevalent is it?

Private school student Sandra Lim (not her real name), now 18, was a victim of child abuse by her maid for eight years.

It started when she was five, soon after her working parents got a Filipino maid to care for her and her then nine-year-old sister.

Sandra said the maid first gained her parents' trust by appearing to be caring.

Then, each time the girls did not finish their food, she caned them. That was not all.

'Once, she took a chopper and chased my sister around the house when she came home late from school,' Sandra said.

That happened when the girls were 14 and 10.

Emboldened, the maid moonlighted as a housekeeper elsewhere. Sandra had to tag along at times - to help mop and sweep the floor. She also made Sandra steal money from her mother.

'If I didn't help her, she would make me massage her for an hour before I could sleep,' she said.

Read the full story in tomorrow's edition of The Sunday Times.