• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Singapore] - The woes of living in HDB flats

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
darkmiel wrote:

Recently moved and the ppl living upstairs like to knock (dk what they doing, sound like hammering) at 5am every morning. Asked them nicely to stop they said ok, stopped for 1 day start again.

gyvtvtgy wrote:

Banging heads on the ground to wake up their neighbours, they do it 5 times a day. And must face certain directions one. https://www.fuckwarezone.com.sg/img/forums/hwz/smilies/laugh.gif

Birthstone wrote:

What do u mean??

hungryfella wrote:

Sensitive topic. if u didnt get it, better not ask further.

Birthstone wrote:

That dude shudnt start the fire.

drkcynic wrote :

Can't be that la, knock the head on floor until downstairs can hear he confirm forehead crack liao.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Frankly, whether you hate the PAP or not, that's another thing PAP got right. If they didn't intervene in the way they did about this matter, racial & religious tensions would be worse today.

Israel
https://www.jpost.com/Local-Israel/Early-morning-Muslim-prayer-call-is-a-rude-awakening-for-many

While recent rioting in and around Jerusalem's Old City has left religious tensions between the capital's Muslims and Jews simmering, a new dispute - this time concerning the volume of prayers, more than the prayers themselves - is resonating in outlying neighborhoods. Jewish residents of these areas, all of which are in close proximity to Arab neighborhoods in the capital's east, have begun to complain that the adhan, or Islamic call to prayer, which is broadcast five times a day from loudspeakers inside local mosques, has become an intolerable nuisance, particularly when it blasts through their neighborhoods at 4 a.m. every day.

"It's as if they took the speakers and put them inside my bedroom," Yehudit Raz, a resident of the northeast Pisgat Ze'ev neighborhood, told The Jerusalem Post on Thursday. "And it's not from one mosque or two mosques - we're talking about tons of speakers going off, one after the other, every morning."

According to Raz, many residents of Pisgat Ze'ev are fed up with the noise, which they say has only gotten louder of late. And the police and municipality, to which, Raz said, residents have complained a number of times, aren't doing anything about it.

"Everyone is shirking their responsibility," she said. "All we want is for them to turn their speakers down. How would they feel if we did the same thing to them?"

Raz added that the gunshots and fireworks that often accompany weddings in the nearby neighborhoods of Shuafat, Anata, Beit Hanina and Hizme were adding to the problem, and that residents of Pisgat Ze'ev felt as if they were under siege.

"It's like we're living under their rule," Raz said, adding that the Shuafat refugee camp affected her the most. "It's the area that's closest to my home," she said. "And they just don't care. "Why must they wake up the whole neighborhood with the noise?" she went on. "Can't they just get alarm clocks?"

City Councilwoman Yael Antebi, who lives in and represents Pisgat Ze'ev at City Hall, told the Post on Thursday that she had begun to take the matter up with the municipality.

"These mosques are violating noise ordinances," Antebi said. "And the police are refusing to get involved."

Antebi said that while she understood recent tensions in the capital might make police and other city officials wary of confronting local leaders in the Arab neighborhoods, it was not an excuse.

"It's easy for us to say that now isn't a comfortable time to deal with this issue, but we can always say that," Antebi added. "Meanwhile, people can't sleep. This is affecting people's everyday lives."

The mukhtar of Shuafat, Jameel Sanduka, told the Post on Thursday that he and residents of his neighborhood saw the issue quite differently.

"We were living here long before Pisgat Ze'ev even existed," Sanduka said. "And this is just a continuation of all the troubles that have been going on in Jerusalem, and on the Temple Mount." He continued, "It's not the noise that bothers these people; Islam bothers them. But there are things that bother us, too. The [security barrier] that has been put up in Shuafat, the checkpoints - these things disrupt our daily lives. So I say, if they have a problem with the noise, it's their problem."

Sanduka did say that police had contacted him numerous times and asked him to lower the speaker's volume. "And we did that," he said. "We turned it down a bit. But I can't tell my people to turn the speakers off. This is part of our religion."

Asked why leaders from both communities couldn't come together and try and find some sort of middle ground, Sanduka said that he was always willing to talk. "If they would like to come here, as neighbors, and sit and drink coffee, my hand is always open," he said. "When there was trouble between the two communities in the past, I personally went to Pisgat Ze'ev and met with leaders there. I've been to their community center, I have a number of friends there. "But people who want to start trouble - what can I tell you? They're going to start trouble."

While the municipality on Thursday said in a statement that the issue was known to them and was being dealt with through a number of channels - including a joint effort with the police - other Jerusalem residents, from Mount Scopus to Gilo, complained to the Post of similar experiences.

"When my wife and I lived near the Mount of Olives cemetery, the speakers were always going off, and loudly," said a former resident of the area who asked to remain nameless. "We realized after some time that it was a recording - an mp3 file or something - because a few times, really early in the morning, I guess they had turned the speakers on before they turned on the computer, and the music that comes on when Windows starts up would just blast, really loud, through the whole neighborhood."

Benny A., a resident of Gilo, told the Post that the adhan had affected "hundreds" of people in his neighborhood as well. "We hear it every morning. People get woken up, they can't go back to sleep, and then they show up to work just exhausted," he said.

"What I don't understand," he added, "is that if this is a religion that says it preaches tolerance, why aren't they being tolerant here? I'm all for freedom of religion and I think they should be able to practice their religion openly, but when it comes to tolerance, they're forcing their religion into our lives, and we're their neighbors!"

Singapore
https://www.malaymail.com/news/opinion/2016/05/29/the-singaporean-muslim-identity/1129743

"To have an Islamic authority (Singapore) actually recognising secularism and pluralism instead of demonising them as blasphemous words might seem astonishing, compared to how it is always done in the Malaysian context."

Edited to add :

The Chinese living there have no rights to complain.So, they have to live & let live.

Karmically, causing harm to others (eg. harming health as a result of sleep deprivation as a result of noise pollution; or far worse, jailing, torturing or stoning to death others whom you claim religious offense from) still incurs bad karma for the perpetrator(s), no matter if the perpetrator(s) try to hide behind the guise of religion (eg. "my religion instructs me to do so, therefore I am free from accountability and responsibility from such actions"). Because all religions got it all wrong anyway, so far from being 'divine instructions' from God, religions are all man-made (ie. a mix of cultural, political and sociological systems) and all man's own culpability and responsibility.

After one's death, in the life review, you'll quickly realize that not only does your religion not matter, but in fact it would have been better if you lived your life self-responsibly without any religion. Committing harmful acts in the name of religion, is all on you, you can't push the blame to religion (which is an illusion and human construct of the mind and thus cannot be held responsible).

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It could be sex or skipping rope

Banging away at 5am, the 'hole' needs maintenance. I have stayed at a place, not far from Singapore for a week, where there is a mosque at both end of the road. One gets call to prayer at dawn, in STEREO, that is two mosques broadcasting. Fortunately it was not another 3 more, or you will get 5.1 channel. Anyway, 1st day, it was, wow! then after a while, the mind switches off the sound. The Chinese living there have no rights to complain.So, they have to live & let live.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Banging away at 5am, the 'hole' needs maintenance. I have stayed at a place, not far from Singapore for a week, where there is a mosque at both end of the road. One gets call to prayer at dawn, in STEREO, that is two mosques broadcasting. Fortunately it was not another 3 more, or you will get 5.1 channel. Anyway, 1st day, it was, wow! then after a while, the mind switches off the sound. The Chinese living there have no rights to complain.So, they have to live & let live.
Only option to move out if don't like. For a religion that is called the religion of peace the consideration for others is clearly lacking.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At a certain hotel in Batam, the loudspeakers of a nearby mosque blare loudly towards the hotel's swimming pool.

It's such a comical sight to see: a few ang moh female tourists in bikini having a dip in the pool in the evening, and the Muslim call to prayer is blasted at them. :biggrin:

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Chinese living there have no rights to complain.So, they have to live & let live.

Karmically, causing harm to others (eg. harming health as a result of sleep deprivation as a result of noise pollution; or far worse, jailing, torturing or stoning to death others whom you claim religious offense from) still incurs bad karma for the perpetrator(s), no matter if the perpetrator(s) try to hide behind the guise of religion (eg. "my religion instructs me to do so, therefore I am free from accountability and responsibility from such actions"). Because all religions got it all wrong anyway, so far from being 'divine instructions' from God, religions are all man-made (ie. a mix of cultural, political and sociological systems) and all man's own culpability and responsibility.

After one's death, in the life review, you'll quickly realize that not only does your religion not matter, but in fact it would have been better if you lived your life self-responsibly without any religion. Committing harmful acts in the name of religion, is all on you, you can't push the blame to religion (which is an illusion and human construct of the mind and thus cannot be held responsible).

Last edited:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Woman jailed in Indonesia for complaining about volume of mosque's speakers
05_04_2016_-_pixst_0.jpg

Published
Aug 22, 2018, 12:54 pm SGT
Email
JAKARTA (JAKART POST/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - A Chinese-Indonesian woman has been sentenced to 1.5 years in prison for complaining about the volume of the azan (Islamic call to prayer) that was blasted from a speaker of a mosque near her house.
Meiliana, 44, a Buddhist and resident of Tanjung Balai, North Sumatra, was found guilty of blasphemy as stipulated under articles 156 and 156A of the Criminal Code on blasphemy, the Medan District Court said on Tuesday (Aug 21).
"(We) declare that the defendant is legally and compellingly proven guilty of... committing blasphemy against a certain religion that is professed in Indonesia," presiding judge Wahyu Prasetyo Wibowo said.
"(We) sentenced the defendant to one and a half years in prison."
Meiliana is one of the first people to have been sentenced to prison for complaining about the volume of a mosque's speakers, despite a plea from the Indonesian Mosque Council, now led by Vice-President Jusuf Kalla, for mosque staff to use loudspeakers wisely.
Meiliana reportedly said the azan was "too loud" and "hurt" her ears, and asked a neighbour to lower the speaker's volume.
Her remark, made in 2016, is believed to have triggered the worst anti-Chinese riot in the country since 1998, with Muslims who claimed to have been offended by her words burning several Buddhist temples.
During the riot, the angry mob destroyed prayer equipment, Buddha statues, tables, chairs, lamps and several cars and motorbikes, the police said.
The police arrested 19 people for their role in the riot. Eight were charged with looting, nine with malicious destruction of property and two with inciting violence. All were given one to four month jail sentences.
Meiliana's lawyer Ranto Sibarani said they would appeal against the verdict.
"We will appeal the verdict because the judges could not prove that our client has committed blasphemy," he told The Jakarta Post over the phone.
Human rights activists have criticised the law enforcers for prosecuting Meiliana, saying that the case should have been settled out of court.
"This is an old case that was brought up again," Mr M. Isnur from the Indonesian Legal Aid Institute told the Post recently, adding that public pressure was likely the main driver of her prosecution.
"In a blasphemy case like this, (law enforcement officials) often listen to the MUI's (Indonesian Ulema Council) fatwas."
Meiliana is the latest individual prosecuted under the nation's controversial blasphemy laws, under which dozens of people have been sent to prison, including former Jakarta governor Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purnama.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Woman jailed in Indonesia for complaining about volume of mosque's speakers
05_04_2016_-_pixst_0.jpg

Published
Aug 22, 2018, 12:54 pm SGT
Email
JAKARTA (JAKART POST/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - A Chinese-Indonesian woman has been sentenced to 1.5 years in prison for complaining about the volume of the azan (Islamic call to prayer) that was blasted from a speaker of a mosque near her house.
Meiliana, 44, a Buddhist and resident of Tanjung Balai, North Sumatra, was found guilty of blasphemy as stipulated under articles 156 and 156A of the Criminal Code on blasphemy, the Medan District Court said on Tuesday (Aug 21).
"(We) declare that the defendant is legally and compellingly proven guilty of... committing blasphemy against a certain religion that is professed in Indonesia," presiding judge Wahyu Prasetyo Wibowo said.
"(We) sentenced the defendant to one and a half years in prison."
Meiliana is one of the first people to have been sentenced to prison for complaining about the volume of a mosque's speakers, despite a plea from the Indonesian Mosque Council, now led by Vice-President Jusuf Kalla, for mosque staff to use loudspeakers wisely.
Meiliana reportedly said the azan was "too loud" and "hurt" her ears, and asked a neighbour to lower the speaker's volume.
Her remark, made in 2016, is believed to have triggered the worst anti-Chinese riot in the country since 1998, with Muslims who claimed to have been offended by her words burning several Buddhist temples.
During the riot, the angry mob destroyed prayer equipment, Buddha statues, tables, chairs, lamps and several cars and motorbikes, the police said.
The police arrested 19 people for their role in the riot. Eight were charged with looting, nine with malicious destruction of property and two with inciting violence. All were given one to four month jail sentences.
Meiliana's lawyer Ranto Sibarani said they would appeal against the verdict.
"We will appeal the verdict because the judges could not prove that our client has committed blasphemy," he told The Jakarta Post over the phone.
Human rights activists have criticised the law enforcers for prosecuting Meiliana, saying that the case should have been settled out of court.
"This is an old case that was brought up again," Mr M. Isnur from the Indonesian Legal Aid Institute told the Post recently, adding that public pressure was likely the main driver of her prosecution.
"In a blasphemy case like this, (law enforcement officials) often listen to the MUI's (Indonesian Ulema Council) fatwas."
Meiliana is the latest individual prosecuted under the nation's controversial blasphemy laws, under which dozens of people have been sent to prison, including former Jakarta governor Basuki "Ahok" Tjahaja Purnama.

Like I said in a preceding post...

SalahParking

Alfrescian
Loyal
HDB builds lousy flats at very low cost per sq ft. then sell to 3rd world cuntry people who then turn their flats into a pathetic slums. HDB tells you that this dormitory can be traded in the market like an asset. A dirty stinky, noisy, mosquito breeding slum flat with urine smell lifts can be sold for almost a million dollars. Fycking bullshit properties.