• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore fest in London made her Day!!

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore fest in London made her Day, keep it going, please

I REFER to Sunday's report, 'Singapore Day in London draws the crowds'. Singapore Day 2009 in London was well-planned, thoughtful and oh so Singaporean. The gorgeous location at Hampton Court Palace, with beautiful weather we did not expect (the weather forecast predicted rain), made the day enjoyable and memorable.

We were among 12,000 people who turned up, looking forward to chwee kway, roti prata, Hokkien mee, laksa and chicken rice. Yes, we can find some hawker fare in London in restaurants (unfortunately at restaurant prices), but nothing beats queueing up for food with fellow Singaporeans in a foreign land, and hearing 'Mai tu liao' (Don't delay in Hokkien) and 'Jialat (horrors), you think got enough when it's our turn or not?' at the same time.

I believe in speaking proper English. But Singlish is a part of me, so it was great to hear the mix and match of sentences formed with our various languages and dialects.

I told my colleagues from other countries working in London that I was looking forward to Singapore Day and what kind of event it would be, and they asked why such a day was not organised for them.

Kudos to everyone who put on such an awesome event. This is my list of what made the day memorably Singaporean:

An Electronic Road Pricing gantry as the entrance;

Listing the hawker names of the food;

Balloons showing Ah Meng, Singa the courtesy lion, and all the signs prohibiting things like durians;

Watching Dim Sum Dollies and Hossan Leong perform a hilarious History Of Singapore, Sebastian Tan as Broadway Beng, and Taufik Batisah singing;

Hearing Singaporeans speak Singlish;

Being 'boringly' civilised, queueing up in an orderly fashion and not making trouble;

A goodie bag in the shape of a mooncake paper bag;

Booths emphasising the importance of national service and showcasing our clean and green city, and;

Water stations with a sign, 'Thirsty or not?'

I hope we continue to have Singapore Day for overseas Singaporeans. I would love all overseas Singaporeans to be able to enjoy a day with friends from home in the city where they are living, studying or working.
Stefanie Koh (Ms)

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
who in the right mind would not love a free event with lots of food and entertainment by brother of sam leong, hossan leong???

it is free, of course sinkies love it. Good to hear the sinkies there enjoy the event. It is great. better than wasted in investing amercian bank or sub prime bonds.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny hor, some people do not know how to appreciate the fine things about Singapore we have right here! They only appreciate it when they live 10,000 km away from here.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Funny hor, some people do not know how to appreciate the fine things about Singapore we have right here! They only appreciate it when they live 10,000 km away from here.

a vast majority will be student studying in UK now.

some are send by gov or singapore company there for some thing.

next are spg who marry big white dick.