• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Singapore] - Environmentally-conscious youths become depressed and suicidal over climate change

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1634455858170.png

SINGAPORE - When a massive iceberg broke off from the Larsen C ice shelf in Antarctica in 2017 - an unmistakable sign of global warming - Mr Aidan Mock, reading the news some 9,400km away in Singapore, was seized by a deep grief, and even became suicidal.

The 26-year-old says: "For some reason, that geologic event, which seemed very irreversible, really affected me. It was not something we can humanly intervene upon anymore. It was a moment where I understood and struggled to accept the irreversibility of the predicament we are in with climate change."

https://www.straitstimes.com/life/climate-anxiety-is-becoming-a-big-mental-health-issue

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They should probably kill themselves, so as to relieve Mother Gaia the burden of their carbon emissions.

I have a sneaky feeling they're teaching anti-carbon climate alarmism to kids in schools these days, at the behest of the UN and other 'sustainability' activists. Back in the day, the only similar encounter with environmentalism in school for me was the 'Reduce, Reuse, Recycle' frog.

1990-captain-green-240x.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If they truly care about the environment they should extinguish themselves to reduce their footprint.