• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore a draw for Saudi tertiary students

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/415465/1/.html

Singapore a draw for Saudi tertiary students
By Azlan Asri, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 15 March 2009 1839 hrs

php6wIE5b.jpg

Photos 1 of 1

SINGAPORE: Singapore has long been a popular destination for students from Southeast Asia and China seeking an overseas education.

Now, the country is also proving attractive to the Saudis.

At least 70 King Abdullah scholars are expected this year, a huge jump from the pioneer batch of 14 who will be entering their third year at local universities in August.

Singapore and Saudi Arabia have had a cooperation framework for education and scientific research since 2006.

And interestingly, men make up less than half the 54 Saudi students pursuing graduate and post-graduate studies here in Singapore.

Issues like safety and convenience draw the women, who form nearly 58 per cent of the Saudi student population here.

Saudi Arabian Ambassador to Singapore, Jamil Mahmoud M Merdad, said: "We have a close relationship, with our religion, our values and culture. That's why Singapore represents to us an opportunity for our girls… to come here and go to school very comfortably without being harassed or experience the problems other students face abroad especially in the West."

Pioneer Saudi students look forward to welcoming more of their fellow citizens to Singapore.

A student from National University of Singapore (NUS), Mohammad Nizar, said: "Singaporeans don't know a lot about Saudis, so more Saudis coming to Singapore (will help to change any) bad view about Saudis."

So far, 40 King Abdullah scholars have arrived this year to begin studies at various Singapore universities this August.

A Saudi student in Singapore, Jihad Qari, said: "I'm studying English at the British Council and after I finish, I will go to university, either NUS or Nanyang Technological University (NTU) to finish the master's degree."

Another Saudi student in Singapore, Ahmed Alakeeli, said: "My future plan is to get the bachelor degree from NTU in aerospace engineering and after that, I will try to get the higher level master's degree and PhD."

At least 30 more Saudi students are expected to join them in the coming months.

- CNA/yt

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fxxk more terrorists coming to singapore.

we fxxking do not know want to know about saudi . fxxking terrorist state. we know very well about saudi already from this forum.

4 of 9-11 terrorists leader are all saudi
women are not allow to drive
delivery bread to old lady at her home will cause her to be whip and go to prison
men can buy teenage gals as wife and amuse them as they wish
women have to get permission from their husband to leave their country
women have to get permission from their husband to speak
just talking about women rights will send you to prison
woman that are rape, are punish instead of the rapist, because she have sex with strangers.
saudi terrorist money in middle east and africa are chief source of income for terrorists
saudi fund terrorist groups around the world

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be prepared of more suicide bombers in Singapore.

I think Mas Selamat will welcome this too, as it is more easily to recruit all these saudis as members to join him.

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Saudi student in Singapore, Jihad Qari, said: "I'm studying English at the British Council and after I finish, I will go to university, either NUS or Nanyang Technological University (NTU) to finish the master's degree."

oh shit with a name like Jihad, ISD better tail this guy as close as Dr Chee...