• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious sin huat HUAT AGAIN!!!

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
seafood-charges.jpg

Almost $100 for 1 fish and $200 for a crab bee Hoon. They think they are Ritz Carlton?
CUSTOMER complained against sin huat seafood
so expensive!! the coffeeshop is dirty. the place is dirty.
even ritz hotel is cheaper!!! what do you think???

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singkies really chowkwan
eat after and then complain to spoil people name and business
this place sin huat had been several blogs and discussion forums
and to day sin huat still survives!!! sin huat ah!!!!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why sinkies are willing to pay hundreds of dollars for Jap omakase dining but not the same for a sinkie version? I understand that this sinkie zichar is a one-chef operation, not counting his waiters.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The review on this sinkie omakase restaurant is good. I should bring my family down to try their seafood. The complaining sinkie family is miserly and does not appreciate good food.

There is NO MENU at the Michelin Bib Gourmand, Anthony Bourdain recommended Sin Huat Eating House at red-light district of Geylang Lorong 35.

”The fish is $150 per kg ah. I tell you. Don’t order and then complain against me…”

Chef Danny Lee mentioned that in a tone equal in candidness and seriousness, as if he was many-times bitten, many-times (not) shy.

siahuat2.jpg

Sin Huat Eating House had received complaints and negative feedback from exorbitant prices, rude service and long waiting hours.

The group of us only experienced the last, and we didn’t quite mind waiting (while chatting and FYI Sin Huat is between two Pokestops.)

siahuat12.jpg

This is almost a ONE-MAN SHOW restaurant. Chef Danny takes the orders, cooks, and then two aunties will send the food to our table.

They were quite chatty by the way, ”Are you all inspectors? But they should be ang moh… One came and asked what Otah was in English… ”

If you are at the last table, perhaps you literally have to wait-long-long before Chef would make his rounds. Tip: Order the Otah ($12 per piece), that was the fastest to come.

siahuat6.jpg

I can imagine some diners may be offended by Chef Danny’s straight-talking, no-nonsense style. In a greatest faux pas (and lack of research), I asked if he served Har Cheong Gai… Mistake.

”Hello? We are a seafood restaurant. Is chicken seafood? I almost wanted to bury my head under the table. My friends had a good laugh.

He went to comment that seafood restaurants which sell everything under the sky, shouldn’t be called “seafood restaurants”. ”Don’t get me there… I was more amused than anything.

Be very precise in what you want to order and not. I mentioned ”Zhong yu” which meant “finally” in Mandarin, he thought I wanted a medium-sized fish.

My heart stopped a beat when I realized that could have cost me an additional $300.

siahuat5.jpg

Our orders were the legendary Crab Bee Hoon ($160 for 2 crabs), Prawns ($84 for 14 pieces), Scallops ($50 for 2 kg, that was like 12 pieces?), Frogs’ legs with essence of chicken ($26 for 2 frogs), and Vegetables ($20).

A word of caution: The kitchen was heavy-handed in using garlic. If your nemesis is garlic or you are a Dracula, stay far-far away from Sin Huat.

We all had our personal favourites.

siahuat7.jpg

Mine could be the Otah ($12 per piece) which Chef Danny described as “size of your handphone”. Should be a Samsung Note 7.

The handmade piece was spicy-sweet-juicy, served on banana leaf with chunks of fish which my friend described as “better than Muar’s”.

siahuat9.jpg

We were divided on the Scallops ($50 for 2 kg) cooked slathered with black bean sauce. The scallops were fresh, but the sauce and abundant use of garlic kind of covered the taste.

While some others thought otherwise and scooped up the sauce till there was not very much left.

siahuat8.jpg

I had a love-hate relationship with the vegetables ($20). Chef Danny said he had greens there ONLY because he ”yi si yi si” needed a token vegetable dish.

The dish was deliciously over-salty in oyster sauce. Try it to know what I mean.

siahuat1.jpg

Of course the star of the dinner had to be the Crab Bee Hoon ($168) had rice vermicelli drenched in this impossible-to-resist sauce, with wok-hei and crabs so fleshy-sweet you wave your diets goodbye.

Elsewhere you might get crabs so dry and shriveled, and without SO MUCH roe, that you wondered if they had lived in vain, or been cooked in vain.

I wished for MORE bee hoon per crab, but got reminded that this had to be done so that every strand would get wrapped with the essence and flavours.

siahuat3.jpg

The Singapore Michelin Guide listed the price at Sin Huat to be between $20 and $40. They could have come in a big big group and ordered only 2 dishes. Anyway… expect to pay anything between $50 to $100 and beyond per person.

Anthony Bourdian did name Sin Huat as one of the “13 Places to Eat Before You Die” alongside Per Se, elBulli, The French Laundry, Le Bernardin, and Sukiyabashi Jiro… which showed how worthy he thought the food was.

I think Sin Huat should provide you a unique local dining experience (may just return again for the bee hoon, otah and vege). Bring extra cash to pay your friend (they accept cards), wet towels, patience, an appetite, and throw your pride out of the window. And DON’T order chicken.

siahuat11.jpg

http://danielfooddiary.com/2016/08/20/sinhuat/

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Go there is to let the Chef order for you....even the portions he will decide on your behalf.....wait....eat enjoy.... pay and fuck off.
And dun order food from the other stall while waiting or he will kick you out.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Go there is to let the Chef order for you....even the portions he will decide on your behalf.....wait....eat enjoy.... pay and fuck off.
And dun order food from the other stall while waiting or he will kick you out.

I do enjoy a good omakase meal from time to time.

ki-sho-kakure-sake-bar-1.jpg

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My acquaintance once order the fish costing $500+
He also mentioned the crab bee hoon was really out of this world

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Salute to this Danny.He stood his feet firmly. You want to eat, come. You don't want to eat, nevermind. You complain, good. You praise me, also good. It does not matter. I am here for over 20 years. My reputation stands.The earth is my witness. So eat and don't kpkb in blogs and forums. I have worst kind of customers and remarks. I am Danny.I am my own Boss. My crab beehoon is one of the best in the universe. Don't believe.Nevermind.Believe me also nevermind.You say bad about me.Also nevermind.But you will come and taste my crabby beehoon.Be prepared to pay for my personal service - all in one from order to serving the dish and cleaning.ALL I do - personal chef for the evening. So happy or not???

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Salute to this Danny.He stood his feet firmly. You want to eat, come. You don't want to eat, nevermind. You complain, good. You praise me, also good. It does not matter. I am here for over 20 years. My reputation stands.The earth is my witness. So eat and don't kpkb in blogs and forums. I have worst kind of customers and remarks. I am Danny.I am my own Boss. My crab beehoon is one of the best in the universe. Don't believe.Nevermind.Believe me also nevermind.You say bad about me.Also nevermind.But you will come and taste my crabby beehoon.Be prepared to pay for my personal service - all in one from order to serving the dish and cleaning.ALL I do - personal chef for the evening. So happy or not???

This is Danny, zikapore's most famous okamase chef for sinkie cuisine. If a good white man endorses his food, then his food must surely be betterer than good!

__sin-huat-singapore-19.jpg

Sin+Huat-4.jpg

claus-meyer-at-sin-huat-1024x1024.jpg

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if you have not eaten his famous crab beehoon
you have missed the best there is in the universe
go and try.be prepared to wait.if you cant wait, you can order the duck
when danny comes to see the duck, he will just go to the next table.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if you have not eaten his famous crab beehoon
you have missed the best there is in the universe
go and try.be prepared to wait.if you cant wait, you can order the duck
when danny comes to see the duck, he will just go to the next table.

Danny boy is simply playing an old trick that chefs know.

Danny wants to keep his customers hungry long enough. Food tastes better to anyone who is hungry.