• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sim Cheng Yu upset with Singaporeans at Changi Airport Immigration

whistling

Stupidman
Loyal
On July 17, I landed at Changi Airport Terminal 2 after a short getaway. Like others, I was expecting the renowned efficiency of our immigration process, especially after a red-eye flight.

However, what greeted us was a single, long queue stretching across the arrival hall, with immigration officers informing incoming passengers that the automated systems were down.

While system failures are inevitable, the ensuing chaos made me question whether Singaporeans truly embody the class and character we often pride ourselves on, especially when our well-oiled machineries fail.

First, when additional counters opened, people bypassed the already-formed single line, running to be at the front of the new queues.

Those who had been queueing patiently in the single line were shocked as people behind them sprinted forward.

The lack of queue organisation by the officers on duty only exacerbated the situation.

Second, when the automated lanes were being tested to see if they could resume operating, many passengers took it as a sign they were back online and again ran to the counters.

Third, people were noticeably envious of the elderly, disabled, pregnant and the young who were invited to the front of the queue along with their travel companions.

Instead of understanding and empathy, there were mutterings and glares.

There were incessant mutterings about how the Government had “failed”. While it is natural to feel frustrated in such situations, the immediate blame game seemed unproductive and ungracious.

I could identify these complaining individuals as fellow Singaporeans by their signature red passports.

This experience made me wonder if we have taken our efficient systems for granted. When these systems falter, do we still uphold the values of patience, kindness, and respect for others?

In contrast, visitors from countries like Japan and Thailand, where the arriving flights were from and which are countries known for their people’s kindness, patience and graciousness, must have been taken aback by the behaviour they witnessed.

As Singaporeans, we pride ourselves on our first-class infrastructure and efficiency. However, true first-class citizenship is reflected in our behaviour, which should match our country’s world-class standards, regardless of the circumstances.

Sim Cheng Yu

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinio...-aligned-with-country-s-world-class-standards

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol, old cunt Joe told in news good job done by her team, think sge referring to her cb cunt,that all are u der control, the 70% cb all high b so g believing, politicians cannot be trusted, they will lie even karma will fall on them or their families, karma will strike them soon

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Immigration and embassies are the 2 places with no law and not a place to talk about customer service.

You reach your destination at their mercy. Not happy don't cross the border.