• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sigh...PRs only want benefits, dun wan pink IC

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic56556.html

Hi all, i would like to seek your advise on these.

We are currently both Singapore PRs and our residency will expire next year. Now, we are thinking that one of us(wife) should apply for citizenship and the other (husband) will remain a PR. The reason why we want it this way is because we are having trouble applying in school for my son and someone told me that you will be a priority if you are a SG citizen. Both of us doesnt really want to enjoy retirement here in SG and are planning to migrate somewhere else but not in the near future. At the moment, since both our jobs are at its best, we decided to stay here for a few more years. Any of you have done this or in the same situation as we are? Would there be any difference if the wife is a citizen, hub is PR-- like will our son still need to serve NS?? If i became a citizen, will my kids also become a citizen automatically? What are the implications of this? I know that it is difficult to renounce SG citizenship and it requires careful thinking before deciding to apply for it/renounce it.

I really appreciate if you can help advise on this to clear my mind of my worries before applying for SG Citizenzhip.

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote :

We are basically in the same situation, so our daughter is travelling a very long distance to school, from 30 meters next to Paya Lebar Methodist area to Haig School. It is quite annoying.

Our problem started after she left the nursery for primary 1, because she wasn't PR at that time, and we couldn't find any school in the local area to take her. After PR status, we just keep applying, you must keep applying every 3 months they have told us, until a vacant position comes up.

Getting Singapore citizenship, I don't believe will help much, but volunteering to help out at the school of choice has its benefits, i have been told, it's like greasing the palm, although i wont drop so low, so i have decided just to put pressure on them all the time, I don't mind helping out at the school if they need any help, when my child is attending, but certainly not doing it, just to get her in.

I will use all the political weight i can, through the local MP and have done, it's quite challenging, but we are happy with her present school at the moment. Problem is also, that girls already attending the school open the doors, for sisters to get priority entry and citizenship will not change that rule, becuase I see PR kids attending anyway.

Which reminds me, to cross the road and give them some ear ache, and take my daughters exam results thanks!

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote :

I've already spent over a quarter of a century here.

Instead of treating me better after I've given them what they've wanted (My knowledge) all these years, now they are punishing me by taking away those things that now that I'm older, I may well need. Talk about ungrateful.

But the ones I really blame is not the government, but the "PR's of convenience" who take up PR only so they don't have to leave the country when they get retrenched. These are the one's who make it hard on those of us who were/are here for the long haul (this my 5th recession here). One does not have to take up citizenship to show their support to the country. I pay the same taxes as citizens do. I'm an Executive Member of our local Group GRC Residents Committee, I do my part for my community/estate. For many years I paid more than ordinary citizens as I earned a lot more. (no more Sad ). In the last 5 years any gratefulness I've had toward Singapore they have done a good job destroying it for me. Now? I can't hardly wait for the last two things keeping me here to be fulfilled. When that's happened I'm outta here. And you can bet the departure gate at Changi hasn't got a hope in h*ll of hitting me in the @ss on the way out!

And Yes, my son is a Singapore Citizen by birth. But that was planned and not by accident. We had the choice of having him born in the US or in Malaysia. It was by long term planning why we chose Singapore for his mother to have him, just as it was our decision to have him school here as well. This is his home. This is his mother's home. It is just my residence. My flat is my home, the country is not.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cannot blame them
who want to immigrate to singapore??
even those who got pink IC are trying to get another better passport.
it just jobs, temporary jobs.

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
well said ... i am already out of pap singapore ... unless pap is denied the 2/3th majority in parliament ... not even considering defending it even if it is attacked by foreign forces ... not my home, not my business ...

My flat is my home, the country is not. [unquote]

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are a bunch of leeches, only want the good and dislike the bad...

I say throw them all out!!!

:oIo: :oIo: :oIo:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
jobsFTns.jpg

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quote :

I've already spent over a quarter of a century here.

Instead of treating me better after I've given them what they've wanted (My knowledge) all these years, now they are punishing me by taking away those things that now that I'm older, I may well need. Talk about ungrateful.

But the ones I really blame is not the government, but the "PR's of convenience" who take up PR only so they don't have to leave the country when they get retrenched. These are the one's who make it hard on those of us who were/are here for the long haul (this my 5th recession here). One does not have to take up citizenship to show their support to the country. I pay the same taxes as citizens do. I'm an Executive Member of our local Group GRC Residents Committee, I do my part for my community/estate. For many years I paid more than ordinary citizens as I earned a lot more. (no more Sad ). In the last 5 years any gratefulness I've had toward Singapore they have done a good job destroying it for me. Now? I can't hardly wait for the last two things keeping me here to be fulfilled. When that's happened I'm outta here. And you can bet the departure gate at Changi hasn't got a hope in h*ll of hitting me in the @ss on the way out!

And Yes, my son is a Singapore Citizen by birth. But that was planned and not by accident. We had the choice of having him born in the US or in Malaysia. It was by long term planning why we chose Singapore for his mother to have him, just as it was our decision to have him school here as well. This is his home. This is his mother's home. It is just my residence. My flat is my home, the country is not.

This shows that the Old Fart's pro-FTrash fetish will eventually backfire on his Familee BIG TIME!