• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sigh... I go find Viet wife liao

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
:p:o

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FScBxMqC9cI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FScBxMqC9cI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Paying money to get a wife.... I do not agree to such practice.

I suggest those sinkies men to go and learn Vietnamese language if these men sincerely want to marry a vietnam wife and go and stay in Vietnam for a while to allow ur vietnam gf or wife-to-be to be comfortable with you.

The way the footage is made, is like just paying some money to get a woman, no different from those losers who go to geylang. There is no sense of respect and especially a horror if the girl is to meet a sinkie horror man who think money is the way to get what he wants.

These girls should take a course to understand and be familiar about sinkieness before getting a man from Singapore to avoid falling into a sinkie trap.

Doing this without respect is no difference from Human Trafficking.

Last edited:

CPTMiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually it is nothing new in matchmaking marriage.
In the past even the older generation been through it.

The only difference perhaps at the time they dont see a matchmaking company or even a shop yet.

Paying money to get a wife.... I do not agree to such practice.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is an educated and respectful ( and also an unsinkified way) way of getting a foreign bride.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cIxWr91u3ko&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cIxWr91u3ko&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Actually it is nothing new in matchmaking marriage.
In the past even the older generation been through it.

The only difference perhaps at the time they dont see a matchmaking company or even a shop yet.

It is not about new or old, it is about showing respect to the girls. I am fully aware of what sinkie behavior is.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
[COLOR="_______"]I can see S'pore Women's Group KPKB about this. Video report was mad on around 25th September 2006. Can now call agency to see if they still married?

If divide $10,000 by 2 years or 104 weeks is $96 per week. If fuck 3 times a week is $32 a fuck.

If divide $10,000 by 3 years or 156 weeks is $63 per week. If fuck 3 times a week is $21 a fuck.

Wah lau....I can see some horny bastards MISUSING such brides. Somemore can change every 2-3 years. Just divorce and marry new one lor.

This kind of business is akin to SLAVE TRADE. I was not impressed with the agent. He doent seem to be doing a proper D/D.[/COLOR]

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://yaleglobal.yale.edu/display.article?id=413

Mate-in-Vietnam Marriages

For an all-inclusive price, Singaporean men can go there, take their pick of 200 women and get hitched in a week

Chong Chee Kin
The Straits Times, 21 July 2002

FOR $12,800, Singaporean men can visit Vietnam, pick a virgin bride among 200 young women, and round off their week-long trip with a celebratory wedding feast.

The quickie matchmaking service was spawned by 40-year-old Mark Lin, who has been providing Singaporean men with a new source of brides, and in his words, has been a roaring success.

His matchmaking company, Sin Ye, in Katong Shopping Centre, has paired up 30 Singaporean men with their Vietnamese partners aged between 18 and 25.

Each of the men will go on a trip to Vietnam where Mr Lin and a partner will introduce him to more than 200 women from the villages there.

Mr Lin will arrange for two or three of the women, and their chaperones, to meet the would-be groom in his hotel room, where they will be interviewed.

'Our client will take a look at them and talk to them through a translator and then decide whether he likes them. It is not unlike a beauty pageant,' he added.

If no one catches his fancy, more will be introduced, and so far, the process has been foolproof.

'All our clients who have taken the trip have found someone they like,' Mr Lin said.

Once four or five prospective brides have been chosen, they are invited to have lunch or dinner with the would-be groom, who will spend more time with them to see who he likes more and feels more comfortable with.

And when he has decided on who he wants as his partner for life, Mr Lin and his partner will turn wedding planners.

Mr Lin said he has three packages ranging from $12,800 to $22,000.

The packages include a wedding gown for the bride, processing fees for her visa and passport application, rental buses to ferry her relatives to and from their homes and even a medical examination for the bride.

Medical examination?

Mr Lin said with a smile: 'Many Singaporean men who come to us feel that virginity is a very important quality.

'So once they like someone introduced by us, we would send her to a doctor who would then examine her and see if she is healthy and a virgin.'

A woman attendant will also be employed to bathe the bride and check if she has any scars on her body.

The client will be informed of the reports from the doctor and the attendant before he decides who he wants to marry.

Asked if there were instances when some of the men had changed their minds after finding out that their prospective wives were not virgins, Mr Lin admitted that there were, but declined coyly to say how many.

Asked if the women would face any language difficulties when they moved here, Mr Lin dismissed the notion with a laugh.

'Once the man decides on the woman he wants as his wife, we would get a teacher to teach her Mandarin so that she can talk to her in-laws,' he said.

The week-long crash course in Mandarin allows the women to communicate their basic needs such as eating and sleeping, and greeting their new relatives.

Mr Lin said that Vietnamese brides marrying foreign men is not a new phenomenon, as many have hooked up with men from Japan, Taiwan and South Korea for the past 10 years.

'They have heard that Singapore is a safe country and that the men here love and pamper their wives very much,' he said.

As for the men, who range from clerks to hawkers, to factory bosses, Mr Lin said they looked for Vietnamese women because they wanted someone 'demure, conservative and has simple needs and expectations'.

But matchmakers like Mrs Ho Koon Choo were concerned about the cultural and language differences between Singaporean men and their Vietnamese brides.

Mrs Ho, the co-director of D'Match Friendship and Marriage Agency, said: 'It is rather scary because they would have to overcome their cultural differences, and with their different backgrounds, it means they have different value systems.'

She added that marriage is a serious commitment, and she screens those she pairs up thoroughly to see if they are indeed ready for a relationship.

Receptionist Neo Chee Tiong, who found his wife Dinh Su Xim on Mr Lin's tour in Vietnam last December, believes that marriage is a life-time commitment - even though his courtship lasted just three days.

Mr Neo, 28, was introduced to Madam Dinh, 20, then an apprentice hairdresser in Ho Chi Minh City. He married her and brought her home to Singapore.

He said: 'When I met her, she looked very shy but I was attracted to her.'

He married her three days after meeting her because 'it was love at first sight'.

Mr Neo, who has had several relationships before, with the longest one lasting four years, said: 'I wanted a conservative girl with simple needs.

'I wanted to settle down early and have a child before the gap between me and my child is too big.'

But what does his wife have to say?

Madam Dinh bowed her head, smiled and said: 'kai xin (happy)'.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE SEARCH: From hunt to wedding

THE matchmaking process is a complete one. On arriving in Vietnam, a bride-hunter will be introduced to more than 200 women from the villages there. Two or three chosen ones then get to meet the hopeful husband in his hotel room for an interview. Once four or five prospective brides have been chosen, they are invited to a meal with him while he makes his final choice.

Packages, priced between $12,800 and $22,000, cover accommodation, a wedding feast, processing fees for her visa, passport application and even a medical examination for the bride - to check her health and virginity.

Source:
The Straits Times

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.lookatvietnam.com/2008/11/story-on-vietnamese-bride-service-draws-criticism.html

A Straits Times story on a Vietnamese bride service in Singapore has drawn criticism from a Vietnamese diplomat and international journalists for treating the issue with indifference and even encouraging the practice.

An October 24 Straits Times article with the headline “Vietnam brides: Agency slashes fees” reported that the Vietnam Brides International Matchmaker company was charging half-price for Singaporean men seeking Vietnamese spouses, attributing the discount to the global financial crisis.
According to the story, Mark Lin of Vietnam Brides International Matchmaker was charging SG$4,000 to fix up potential Singaporean husbands with potential Vietnamese brides.

Three Vietnamese women had been hanging around at the agency for weeks waiting for husbands, the article said. “Business has never been so bad - not even during the SARS outbreak in 2003,” the article quoted Lin as saying.
Many readers say that by not criticizing the practice of overseas matchmaking, which many see as akin to human trafficking, the article had in fact condoned it.

Many have said that by using the price cut as the headline, the article was serving as advertising for the business.

A journalist from a leading international news agency recently wrote to Thanh Nien: “It’s horrible to see them [Vietnamese would-be brides] ‘discounted’ like they are a sack of rice or a pair of shoes.”

“Unfortunately, money talks loudly and overrides social and moral considerations. Since I really love the Vietnamese people, it hurt me to see the article,” the journalist said.

“I felt bad for the women they featured. I guess there must be mixed feelings in Vietnam about this issue, on one hand, I would like to think that some of the ladies find love and a better life in Singapore, but I know Vietnamese are a very proud culture (and have many good reasons to be proud).”

Speaking with a Thanh Nien correspondent on a recent Singapore trip, former deputy head of the parliamentary Foreign Affairs Committee Ton Nu Thi Ninh said she was stunned to see such a respected newspaper running a very insensitive story on a very sensitive topic.

Ninh said that even though transnational marriage brokerage services between Singaporean men and foreign women were legal in Singapore, she said the practice “sold” women into marriage.

In Vietnam, individuals and organizations are forbidden to carry out marriage brokerages.

Though only non-profit women’s associations can establish marriage support centers and marriage consultation services, the Vietnamese Ministry of Justice has recommended that the government legalize marriage brokering so central authorities could oversee and control the matchmaking.

Ninh said the article had simply cashed in on gullible women, especially the three mentioned in the article, who were all pictured without their faces blurred.

Such articles in Vietnam always blur the women’s faces.

The Straits Times’ reporter Theresa Tan, who wrote the article, said in an email to Thanh Nien that she did indeed consider the fact that Singaporean men pay a marriage broker to find Vietnamese brides a social problem.
“That’s why we report on such issues,” she said.

She said the paper was under no obligation to change the names or blur the faces of the girls involved as they had all agreed to the article.

The Vietnamese government is now considering proposals to clamp down on illegal marriage brokering after several high-profile cases this year and last.
Authorities are also considering revising Vietnam’s laws on marrying foreigners.
The Straits Times is a Singapore-based daily newspaper.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah i also find the flicking bbc world special to be very distasteful and show a very bad image of singapore.

we should find those men and shame them on newspaper.

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Straits Times’ reporter Theresa Tan, who wrote the article, said in an email to Thanh Nien that she did indeed consider the fact that Singaporean men pay a marriage broker to find Vietnamese brides a social problem. “That’s why we report on such issues,” she said.

SG Bitches, AWARE, Women's Charter, & SPGs, are all in big trouble as AMTKs leaving SG in droves during this economic crisis!

Many SG men don't want to marry them that's why they are using the mainstream media to exert political pressure on the politicians hoping to change the laws to restrict SG men from getting Vietnamese brides! It's part of dirty political game being played by them. I won't be surprised if they start contacting our MPs about this issue as a 'social problem.'

Although I personally wouldn't pay money to an agency to find me a Vietnamese bride and get married within a week. Politicians shouldn't pass laws to restrict 2 consenting adults of legal age and of sound mind from getting married within a week through an agency. How about their right to choose their life partners without interference from the politicians , journalists, NGOs like AWARE, etc...?

Last edited:

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
mail to order bride is like buying things online. on photo look good, maybe even at 1st interview is impressive, but when 2 person live together for long time, communication barrier, culture shock difference. i don't think it can last.

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
three packages ranging from $12,800 to $22,000............
i only have $1200 in my bank.. that mean i will never get a viet wife,,,,

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
three packages ranging from $12,800 to $22,000............
i only have $1200 in my bank.. that mean i will never get a viet wife,,,,

if you have only $1200 in your bank account, u should NOT get any wife, whatever her nationality.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SG Bitches, AWARE, Women's Charter, & SPGs, are all in big trouble as AMTKs leaving SG in droves during this economic crisis!

Many SG men don't want to marry them that's why they are using the mainstream media to exert political pressure on the politicians hoping to change the laws to restrict SG men from getting Vietnamese brides! It's part of dirty political game being played by them. I won't be surprised if they start contacting our MPs about this issue as a 'social problem.'

Although I personally wouldn't pay money to an agency to find me a Vietnamese bride and get married within a week. Politicians shouldn't pass laws to restrict 2 consenting adults of legal age and of sound mind from getting married within a week through an agency. How about their right to choose their life partners without interference from the politicians , journalists, NGOs like AWARE, etc...?

You are very sharp on this.

This is one way the Sg men can protest, that is to married oversea bride. It is an insult to those unwanted SPG as the men can get a wife in 1 week and the wife has the qualities of what the men are looking for and enjoy a good marriage.

Some more different language can stay together, the SPG got the same language but still cannot make it.

So it is not about language, it is all about the quality of a woman.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are very sharp on this.

This is one way the Sg men can protest, that is to married oversea bride. It is an insult to those unwanted SPG as the men can get a wife in 1 week and the wife has the qualities of what the men are looking for and enjoy a good marriage.

Some more different language can stay together, the SPG got the same language but still cannot make it.

So it is not about language, it is all about the quality of a woman.

CB Kia tonychat,

u finally admit you CMI and gotta buy a wife..:biggrin::biggrin:

so pathetic huh..:biggrin:

:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo: