• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sigh...cat lazy to catch mice

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
I WISH to express my concern about the frequency of fights and subsequent police action at Boat Quay.

I was there one morning at about 3am when I witnessed a fracas between a group of about 10 men and a smaller group of five youngsters outside a pub named 12th Element. The bigger group appeared aggressive and was about to attack the youngsters when a police patrol car stopped beside them. The presence of the police deterred a possible violent clash from ensuing and the five youngsters were able to walk away unscathed, while being taunted by the larger group.

I was surprised the police officers did not alight from their vehicle to conduct an identity check or take any action, but continued to drive down the lane.

However, what I witnessed just 20 minutes later really appalled me.

I was outside a pub named Speed Legend and witnessed a man being attacked by a group of five men. One of the attackers, a man in his 20s with long hair and dressed in black, smashed a beer bottle against the victim's head as his friends continued to rain punches and kicks on the fallen victim. They were also shouting secret society slogans, even though there were many witnesses like myself watching the attack in shock and fear.

The police and ambulance arrived shortly, and the victim, bleeding heavily from the head, was immediately taken to hospital. The attackers, however, continued to appear extremely violent and aggressive despite being confronted by the police. The attackers were interviewed by the police and, after about 10 minutes, were allowed to walk away smugly without being arrested.

I am sincerely worried and fearful about the brazenness of these gang members, and even more so about the actions of the police. No witnesses were interviewed and many of the bystanders had left in fear as the attackers walked past them. Although I applaud the police for the fast response time and much needed presence, I hope they can tell me why no action was taken.

Oh Kok Tong

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anybody died? No! Why should the policemen cared? Was the incident an illegal act by Tak Boleh Tahan activists or the SDP? No? So?

If a fat man can earn $3.9 million a year doing nothing but go for frequent oversea sightseeing trips and nodding his head when told to do so, why should a $1,500 a month policeman?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sigh...cat lazy to catch mice
nt 2 long ago ... there's tis who collects million $ salary fella tok abt cats and mice ...

he said ze mouse stared @ ze cat n barked ... n ze cat ran away ...

well, cats n mice do learn fast ... :rolleyes:

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jiat liao bees cats are fed too fat and lazy liao, cannot be even be bothered about catch rats and mices... every month waiting for some handouts by their PAPees masters!!!

Disgust!

:oIo:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1-2.jpg

KNN! U MP or what? No? Fark off or I'll box u even if Sam Seng doesn't! *chey*

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MP Denise Phua takes the stand in trial of Ng Kim Ngweng

<CITE class=auth>Channel NewsAsia - Saturday, March 14</CITE> SINGAPORE: Member of Parliament Denise Phua took the stand on Friday in an ongoing trial where her constituent, rag—and—bone man Ng Kim Ngweng, is accused of threatening to hurt her last month.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>[SIZE=-2]ADVERTISEMENT[/SIZE]
<IFRAME marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://ad.yieldmanager.com/st?ad_type=iframe&ad_size=300x250&site=186088&section_code=12732857&cb=1237101361232949&yrc=&ycg=&yyob=&pub_redirect_unencoded=1&pub_redirect=http://sg.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=15nbr9a5d/M=629078.12732857.13035082.3272417/D=sg_news/S=35614708:LREC/Y=SG/EXP=1237108561/L=WUvH9Xxsfeqnp2xkSYRpTgA43P8H5Um8qzsABlJy/B=Bh8gXnxseNI-/J=1237101361232949/K=uxPrEf4Cu6jAZ.4FdsIhUw/A=5378559/R=0/*" frameBorder=0 width=300 scrolling=no height=250 allowTransparency></IFRAME></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><SCRIPT language=javascript>if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['Bh8gXnxseNI-']='&U=13f3uh3oe%2fN%3dBh8gXnxseNI-%2fC%3d629078.12732857.13035082.3272417%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d5378559%2fV%3d1';</SCRIPT><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT>
The threat allegedly took place just a day after fellow MP Seng Han Thong was torched by an ex—cabbie.
On Friday, Ms Phua heard the actual audio recording of the alleged threat for the first time in court, but she said she had been told of its content previously through an email from the general manager of Central Community Development Council, media reports and information revealed to her by the police.
Asked about her reaction when she first found out, the Jalan Besar GRC MP said she was alarmed.
She listed three reasons for this — she understood that Ng has a history of family violence; he had made reference to her son, who is autistic and may or may not be able to defend himself; she was concerned for the safety of the many volunteers around her.
In the end, Ms Phua said she did not think badly of Ng nor was she angry with him. However, she acknowledged that he had been angry whenever he went to see her, even though she had tried her best to help him.
Upon cross—examination by Ng’s counsel, Ms Phua testified that Ng, who had complained of inadequate financial aid, had received an average of S$250 monthly for 32 out of 34 months from the CDC and grassroots organisations, plus other ad—hoc help like food vouchers.
The case was adjourned.

— CNA/so

jw5

Loyal
Why doesn't the writer spend more time doing charity work instead of going to boat quay?

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which is why I dare to tell those jiat liao bees in their face that they are jiat liao bees. Useless pieces of lazy shit that know how to taichi around when it comes to work. Sleeping at work in car parks , letting limping man run away , telling those that got robbed to sua sua ki when the robber could not steal anything from them and when fighting happens tell those that got humtum that its civil case and they can't help ( I mean WTF were their job no serve and protect? ) Who the F==K are they protecting?