• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sia dominated by foreigners?

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently i was invited to a wedding of an SIA staff. From the small talk I exchanged with other guests, I learnt that:

a) SIA outsources its auditng of accounts to India. Does not this practice deprive local accounting firms of business?

b) A lot of local technicians were phased out in the past years and replaced with Filipinos. Ah, the FT game ....

c) A lot of foreign pilots, espcially Indians, are flying SIA planes. Why can't SIA train local boys to pilot its planes.

d) Many of the cabin crew are foreigners. I have no quarrel with this as flight crew have to deal with passengers of different nationalities.

In its quest to save costs, is SIA denying locals of jobs and opportunities?

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently i was invited to a wedding of an SIA staff. From the small talk I exchanged with other guests, I learnt that:

a) SIA outsources its auditng of accounts to India. Does not this practice deprive local accounting firms of business?

b) A lot of local technicians were phased out in the past years and replaced with Filipinos. Ah, the FT game ....

c) A lot of foreign pilots, espcially Indians, are flying SIA planes. Why can't SIA train local boys to pilot its planes.

d) Many of the cabin crew are foreigners. I have no quarrel with this as flight crew have to deal with passengers of different nationalities.

In its quest to save costs, is SIA denying locals of jobs and opportunities?

Do not worry. they will always have at least one Sinkie in a crew. In case of disaster, guess who gets the blame? Ho Ching?

Last edited:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
SIA in the earlier days were basically a Malaysian company.
Now those Malaysian FT are being replaced by other FT.