• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Should They Be Accountable?

jw5

Loyal
Should the individuals who made misrepresentations when they sold the structured products which caused some investors to lose their money be held accountable?
I was amazed when I read how one investor didn't blamed the individual but instead blamed the financial institution.
Which part of the institution? The building? Or the land? Or the "corporate entity"?
Doesn't this investor realize that it is individuals who individually or collectively represent an entity and decide to do things in a certain way? When will our society (or world) start learning to hold individuals accountable instead of blaming the vague notion of an "entity"?

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should the individuals who made misrepresentations when they sold the structured products which caused some investors to lose their money be held accountable?
I was amazed when I read how one investor didn't blamed the individual but instead blamed the financial institution.
Which part of the institution? The building? Or the land? Or the "corporate entity"?
Doesn't this investor realize that it is individuals who individually or collectively represent an entity and decide to do things in a certain way? When will our society (or world) start learning to hold individuals accountable instead of blaming the vague notion of an "entity"?

When the organization engage the individual, the individual acts under the organization. That is why the organization is more or less accountable for what the individual represents as the individual is selling a product under the company.

The individual who misrepresnt will be sacked at most. The organization will have to clear up the shit. If not in future, any tom dick and harry can work in Bank A, sell the product, misrepresent, things happen, just resign and then work in Bank B. 5 years later, just go back Bank A again. Cycle repeats.

Product belongs to who, Accountability goes to that.:wink:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no orgs = no such products ...

bcos orgs greedy, dey sell such products ...
so, dey employ individual 2 sell 4 dem ...

if orgs hd highlighted 2 ze individuals b4 hand, den dey shld sack ze individuals if dey misrepresent ... but me tink ze orgs r 2 greedy 2 hv done anyting ... dey r more interested in calculating how much commision dey gonna earn ...

so, me tink shld blame ze orgs, nt ze individuals ...

juz like no pt blaming runner, main guy is ah loong ... :wink:

oso, juz like mas selamat ... :p

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Should not the BEST PAID PeeAm in the world do his job?

ST_IMAGES_SHRALLY17.jpg