• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Short trip to Korea

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Visited the famous Busan Haedong Yonggungsa Temple

8NqDTG9.jpg

2jhwo0T.jpg

Sy5Le9k.jpg

3Qtm5UJ.jpg

en1ltLO.jpg

4pXmLbG.jpg

QrN1ixX.jpg

ir3PbS0.jpg

WRGRKU2.jpg

T36Uxzl.jpg

nYERqtS.jpg

3mW5cJ1.jpg

ybbX97d.jpg

gMzJRkx.jpg

UDVDLsF.jpg

d9230nm.jpg

lcwTRPI.jpg

gTJf2T9.jpg

fLBqLEZ.jpg

n4JQbxJ.jpg

DGE76Mr.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Before leaving for Busan at the train station there is a very good pork hot pot restaurant

xIq0I0N.jpg

h0eOZcV.jpg

One pot for 2 person
6LuX2T8.jpg

HZEn6LZ.jpg

After mixing pot
pMXlE3O.jpg

Add noodle
1FqRTaE.jpg

Add rice too
7dif9qy.jpg

Really nice

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Got into Seoul late on Friday night from Busan so had a late dinner. Was a very cold night -4degC

W6JyVi7.jpg

Outdoor dining
XfTBnhx.jpg

Indoor dining
FugdsIx.jpg

Warm up
A39Bp8a.jpg

Good beef
jqkgYq5.jpg

RHK61gM.jpg

AXbuSn7.jpg

Pork
Wd740Sp.jpg

iUAGyjP.jpg

Kimchi soup
uN0ndOr.jpg

zbIRy5r.jpg

Was great to have hot BBQ meal in a cold winter night

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The day before leaving Seoul, our last day went to a porridge restaurant for brunch.

Dmm8d72.jpg

Very crowded
C7oqwRe.jpg

Simple menu
1cTQdSb.jpg

Chicken porridge, fantastic. Nice to have a not bowl of porridge when its was so cold.
hKLT76a.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
So it was our last evening in Korea on Sunday reflecting on the past 6 days what we did as can be seen in my posts were - shopping, eating, travelling in Seoul and Busan, visiting a few tourist places like the temple in Busan and fish market.

What I was not able to post are (1) we went to do Korean spa known as jjimjilbang and also went for (2) facial treatment at AHC.

Jjimjilbang is quite an experience - first was 20mins onsen or steam room or sauna ; followed with 30mins body scrub with a very rough material I think was a towel ; finally an hour of oil massage. Was a great experience and highly recommended.

Please take note that Google map is useless in Korea this is something I am very angry with because it is so inconveniet. People tell you to use Korean maps like KakaoMap and Naver Map its not easy as your spelling and arrangement of words has to be spot-on. This is a real let down and I am very upset about this. Basically this sums up my first trip to Korea.

Last dinner Terra is my favourite beer
7LqeUfV.jpg

Pork knuckles
lTvjiXz.jpg

Hot pot
owTS6iC.jpg

nmty2b2.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
As mentioned this was my first visit to Korea and so my first visit to tis Asiana Staralliance lounge in Incheon airport

I like the design as its spacious
ioYUsBb.jpg

Sv6TeqJ.jpg

dNXUtLX.jpg

wfppKW1.jpg

IIdlwMo.jpg

wTtKubb.jpg

Breakfast
6r3R1mb.jpg

Very nice socho
Wp8roeQ.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Finally on the way back on 29th for the new year

Prawn salad
KFo1lyb.jpg

Glad to have Thai food, pretty bored with Korean food after so many days there
6lui5wJ.jpg

Omelette
gLFnHMQ.jpg

Chicken in coconut soup
OjqkCo1.jpg

Beef curry
s2NHf7l.jpg

Cheese and fruits
AAFF8Jm.jpg

Glad to be home finally

elizabeth1998

Korea was also my destination for holidays this year... Too bad it's not gonna happen. I'm looking forward to visiting it next year, maybe. Although Korea has done a great job struggling with COVID-19, at least official data says so... Maybe official data is not the real one?