• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

shit ! is NTUC insurance safe ? financial tsunami now hitting heatllands !

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even EX CEO is liquidating his policies with NTUC !!

==========================================

Sunday, November 02, 2008
NTUC Income is different today
Dear Mr Tan,

I will not buy anymore structured products or anything sold by financial institutions after this lesson. I wished I had seek your advice two years ago.

But you also mentioned don't invest in whole life, endowment, policies, etc. I don't understand what you mean? I had total 8 policies with Income and all bought when you were CEO. Can you explain please?

I also had 15 whole life and endowment policies over the years from NTUC Income, covering me and my family members. These policies offered good bonuses and a fair return on maturity in the past years.

Today, things are different. Income is now run on different principles - quite similar to the other insurance companies. I have decided to cancel a whole life policy, where the bonus has been cut.

I will decide on the other policies later.
Posted by Tan Kin Lian at 7:24 PM

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
why this sudden u turn? ntuc income now different liao. this is very damaging and this type of public statement is definitely going to create some hue and cry...and perhaps some panic as well...better do something and cut losses man.what u think sammyboys? got any insurance or not? thinking of terminating? like this very jialat liao..

suddenly there is no news about the economic meltdown....strangely uncanny man.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is still good to buy a life policy for coverage purpose. The danger is when you over buy because the returns are quite lousy. Better buy blue chips companies like SIA when market is down for better returns.

helicopview

Alfrescian
Loyal
why this sudden u turn? ntuc income now different liao. this is very damaging and this type of public statement is definitely going to create some hue and cry...and perhaps some panic as well...better do something and cut losses man.what u think sammyboys? got any insurance or not? thinking of terminating? like this very jialat liao..

suddenly there is no news about the economic meltdown....strangely uncanny man.

6 yrs ago. I terminated whole life policies. Buy term insurance instead. Value for money

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
NTUsi should be quite safe for the time being. If they got financial problems, we all can go their stores and outlets to take all the groceries and goodies :biggrin: