• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shirley Ran Away from Home!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Family flees HDB home for respite from renovation noise
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->MY HOME in Block 10, Holland Avenue, feels like a construction site with two units (one floor below and another four floors below) undergoing renovations simultaneously.
At one stage, the noise was so unbearable that my two children and I had to flee to a relative's home for respite.
While I appreciate the fact that the HDB has restricted the work to weekdays from 8am to 6pm and the hacking and demolition from 9am to 5pm for the first three days of the renovations, the noise is just unbearable even for one day.
I am aware that such renovation work is inevitable, especially in mature estates, but I hope that the HDB would consider doing more, such as restricting renovation work to one unit a month.
It would also help if the hacking and demolition works could be restricted to between 9am and 1pm to allow the elderly and young to rest in the afternoons.
Renovation work is different from upgrading work. During the upgrading process, there were rooms created for residents to seek refuge when the noise and dust were too much to bear. But with renovation work, residents just have to bear with it.
Shirley Woon (Mdm)
<!-- end of for each --><!-- Current Ratings : start --><!-- Current Ratings : end --><!-- vbbintegration : start -->

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
If there is such restriction, then renovation contractor eat shit is it??? Selfish Sinkie...

Jabba

Alfrescian
Loyal
plug two cotton wool balls into ur ears...two rolled up tissue up ur nose...a brinjal up ur pussy...cucumber up ur ass and a dick in ur mouth...done...no soundwave will penetrate and force u to flee for respite