• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

'She tried to hit me with chair'

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,199828,00.html?

'She tried to hit me with chair'
Coffee shop owner alleges unhappy hawker attacked her
By Lediati Tan

April 24, 2009

NP_IMAGES_LTFIGHT-0AJ.jpg

ATTACKED: Madam Ta Huai Ju, 43, the coffee shop owner, who was allegedly attacked by her tenant, had her stall wrecked. TNP PICTURE: JONATHAN CHOO

SHE said she was chatting with a friend in a coffee shop when the woman appeared out of nowhere, picked up a wooden chair and allegedly swung it at her.

'She didn't even say anything. She just came, picked up a chair and tried to hit me with it,' Madam Ta Huai Ju, 43, told The New Paper last night.

The incident, on Monday afternoon, involved Madam Ta, the coffee shop's owner, and an ex-tenant of the coffee shop.

Madam Ta, a Chinese national, claimed she was bullied by the woman, a Singaporean in her early 60s, because she was not a local.

She said that the woman had signed a contract on 17Feb to rent a stall in her coffee shop to sell bak kut teh. She also paid a deposit of $1,000 for the lease, which was to last a year from 15 Mar 2009.

But five days after opening, she told Madam Ta that she did not want to rent the place anymore and wanted her deposit back.

Madam Ta said that she tried to persuade her to stay another month as tenants are required to give a month's notice if they decide to break the lease.

But Madam Ta said she refused and cleared out of the stall within two days.

Also, claimed Madam Ta, according to the terms of the contract, the $1,000 deposit would be forfeited if tenants break the contract.

She couldn't show us the contract because she didn't have it at that time.

'But as she was already old, I decided to return her the deposit, and told her to come back on Monday,' said Madam Ta, in Mandarin.

The woman turned up with her husband at about 3.20pm.

As Madam Ta was busy at that time, she claimed she told the elderly couple to wait a while.

Said Madam Ta: 'The moment they sat down, they lost their temper and started to scold me loudly. They said crude things about me and she even pointed her middle finger at me.

'I told them that if they continued to scold me, I'm not going to settle the matter with them. I would talk to them when they decide to stop the scolding.

'Then I went back to my work and they left soon after.'

But at 5.40pm, when Madam Ta was sitting down to tea with a friend, the woman returned on her own and allegedly tried to attack her with a chair.

Some workers in the coffee shop tried to stop her, said Madam Ta.

The woman allegedly tried to hit her three times with the chair but missed.

She gave up and decided to wreck Madam Ta's drink stall instead.

First, she pushed the bun steamer located at the counter to the floor. Then, she swept at the neatly stacked up canned drinks, spilling them all over the floor.

Captured on CCTV

Her alleged attack was captured on the coffee shop's CCTV, which Madam Ta later showed The New Paper.

When Madam Wang Xue Qun, 30, a worker at Madam Ta's drinks stall, tried to stop her, the woman allegedly hit her instead.

Said Madam Wang: 'When I tried to pull her away, she tried to hit my face, but she missed and hit my neck instead.'

Then, the woman spotted Madam Ta hiding in a corner outside the coffee shop, ran up to her, and picked up a yellow plastic chair and allegedly tried to hit her again.

'She chased me around the coffee shop, screaming and cursing,' alleged Madam Ta.

The woman stopped only after the police arrived.

A police spokesman confirmed that they were informed at about 6pm that a person was breaking things and trying to assault another at the coffee shop.

A woman was arrested. Police investigations are ongoing, the spokesman added.

Madam Ta added that she spent two hours cleaning up after the police left and was unable to operate her business the whole evening.

But she said the one thing that hurt her most was the woman's alleged contempt for foreigners.

Said Madam Ta: 'When I asked her why she hit my worker and wrecked my place, she said, 'You're nothing but a Chinese national, I'm a Singaporean.' That really hurt me.'

Madam Ta, from Beijing, has been living in Singapore for the last five years with her husband, also from China, and her two children.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
They come take away jobs, now they have also taken over the stalls, shops?...and SINgaporeans have to be third class citizens in their own country!!:eek:

Sorry hor, some Singaporeans are happy. Especially if they are the Singaporeans who sold their shophouses, coffeeshops etcto the PRCs who know what value is and pay better money.

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
NO wonder...the cunt is from Beijing

that is the worse kind of ah tiongs.

Even China Chinese when renting house will ask which region the local are from...and if one say Beijing. They will chase the potential tenant away.

i learned about this from ah tiongs all confirming this disgust with beijing people

That very much says it all.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NO wonder...the cunt is from Beijing

that is the worse kind of ah tiongs.

Even China Chinese when renting house will ask which region the local are from...and if one say Beijing. They will chase the potential tenant away.

i learned about this from ah tiongs all confirming this disgust with beijing people

That very much says it all.

HI why are beijing tiongs the worst of the worst?

Pls school us since i believe many beijing tiongs are here.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1 As Singaporeans, we should support our own and boycott this shop.
However the article did not seem to mention the name or location-
wonder why?
2. Anybody knows where is the location and name- so we can exercise
our choice?
3. Would you eat in a place owned by people who poisoned even infants(via
fake infant formula?)

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
This PRC bitch deserved to be whacked !! HURRAH ! WELL DONE !!
Heard from my sauces and some ex-tenants that this bitch would rent out her stalls and once she collected the deposit..... would set unreasonable conditions for the hawkers on purpose..... so that they would give up their stalls and she can pocket their deposit $$$....... one ex-tenant had paid up 3 months deposit but only operated the stall for 2 weeks before giving up........ she is still waiting for her $$$ (3 month deposit - 1 month forfeit = 2 months deposit to be returned) :(

Bloody PRC conwoman :(

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
How reliable are people who spell their sources as sauces.

This PRC bitch deserved to be whacked !! HURRAH ! WELL DONE !!
Heard from my sauces and some ex-tenants that this bitch would rent out her stalls and once she collected the deposit..... would set unreasonable conditions for the hawkers on purpose..... so that they would give up their stalls and she can pocket their deposit $$$....... one ex-tenant had paid up 3 months deposit but only operated the stall for 2 weeks before giving up........ she is still waiting for her $$$ (3 month deposit - 1 month forfeit = 2 months deposit to be returned) :(

Bloody PRC conwoman :(