• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SGD to deprciate by 35-50% by year end of 2009. NOT A JOKE!

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will probably hit between $1.8-$2.00 to one USD. Back in the Asian
Currency crisis, we hit above 1.82 before SGD strengthen gradually to
1.35 in 2008.

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore government act smart follow America, Land of Falling nations.

Print more money to dilute and bailout failing companies and continue to depreciate our Singapore currency
to order to improve exports and open flood-gates to foreigners to buy our properties.

Bailout package. Companies cannot survive should die a natural death.
Helping them is eluding and circum-navigate the free market situation.
Who are you to write laws that who deserves and who do not deserves.

Singaporeans beware.
What you pay now, you may end up owning 5 times later !

Last edited:

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not good news for me; living costs in Australia will go up because of that. I will have to say adios to the S$1 is to A$1 soon enough.

:(

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal

What you spend now is just on paper ! Where is your physical gold ?

May I ask you !

You said it's yours, you don't even get to touch it !

Can buy physical gold too lah.. not too difficult to hid 1-2 kg under your bed :biggrin:

Value of 1kg 999.9 gold is about $40k (excl. GST), not a small amount.

Only con of buying the physical thing is the 7% GST. However, if you had bought in Nov when gold was USD725-750 per ounce, that 7% has already been recovered based on today's price. And it will likely go upwards more from now.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
against which currency??

you know they like to stabilise the currency.

they might just be able to stabilise sgd

DearestGodlikeWarlord

Alfrescian
Loyal
no need to response, just do what u need to do to save your assets.

If that rate doesn't come like you said, you'll be getting many of your ordinary people into trouble and they really should come for your neck for this.

Think before you speak, and quote your sources. Free speech online, especially with regards to such a sensitive issue, must come with some responsibility.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not good news for me; living costs in Australia will go up because of that. I will have to say adios to the S$1 is to A$1 soon enough.

:(

Thats because you live in one of the most overpriced overtaxed countries in the world with the most expensive houses in the world. the money you are losing is the freefall in property prices which is estimated to hit 40% in Arsetralia.

Thats what you get for living in a loser country with so much racism, high costs, and 40% taxes.

iamelite

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why I diversify my holdings out into AUD, EUR, HKD, USD and GBP.
Sgd is a weakling, always have to be underpriced wrt to major trading currencies.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats because you live in one of the most overpriced overtaxed countries in the world with the most expensive houses in the world. the money you are losing is the freefall in property prices which is estimated to hit 40% in Arsetralia.

Thats what you get for living in a loser country with so much racism, high costs, and 40% taxes.

I thought we had left this sort of personal vendetta in the backyard many years ago. So why bring it up? Plus the US dollar to the SG dollar is $1.50 to $1; Australia is just above $1 or still $1 at most to a single SGD.