• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg video] - Review of S'pore Chatuchak Night Market @ The Grandstand in Turf Club

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't forget: the rainy weather. Better wear raincoat.

And after eating that unhealthy food, walk this road:

Turf City - Swiss Club Road - Jalan Kampong Chantek - [[Rifle Range Nature Park]] - Beauty World Centre - Beauty World MRT

daryl76

Alfrescian
Loyal
kumgong level of sinkies really break the scale

even chatuchak in bkk also not worth going anymore

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stinkapore import other cultures; shilin, chatuchak, oktoberfest, st patrick,haloween,

Is there a need, when no others import the whatever Sg culture ?

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went there and other than the free parking there’s nothing special about the place. Unlike the real Chatuchuk, this one feels like a last minute school sports day carnival with various stalls haphazardly setup and selling more or less the same thing at exorbitant prices.

Singaporeans love to complain they have no money as cost of living too high, yet they have no qualms about spending huge dollars on obviously overpriced cheap street food. Most of the stuff there you can probably get it at a fraction of the cost at Golden Mile.

IIRC I saw a stall there selling sweet potato (tapioca?) balls at $5 for a small bag. This is really daylight robbery! @_@

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I went there and other than the free parking there’s nothing special about the place. Unlike the real Chatuchuk, this one feels like a last minute school sports day carnival with various stalls haphazardly setup and selling more or less the same thing at exorbitant prices.

Everything has jacked up prices in Sinkieland, and daft Sinkies will happily pay for it.

Case in point: World Cup games on tv, politicians' salaries.

There already is a precedent, and 'enterprising' Thais came here to make a killing. :biggrin:

daryl76

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singaporeans love to complain they have no money as cost of living too high, yet they have no qualms about spending huge dollars on obviously overpriced cheap street food. Most of the stuff there you can probably get it at a fraction of the cost at Golden Mile.

IIRC I saw a stall there selling sweet potato (tapioca?) balls at $5 for a small bag. This is really daylight robbery! @_@
local pasar malam also have this sweet potato balls, damn ex also

dunno what's so special abt it, having to pay so much for it