• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - Pastor Alan Tay using his restaurant in Little India to preach Christianity to customers

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Screenshot-2023-06-08-at-12.49.26-PM.png

https://theindependent.sg/netizens-not-keen-on-pastor-using-his-restaurant-to-preach-christianity-to-diners/#:~:text=SINGAPORE: A lively discussion ensued,past and know your future?”

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Wow, what an enterprising fucker! I mean pastor. Or is he a fortune teller? Anyway, he not only provides food for the stomach, he provides food for the soul too. Whoa don't play play woh.:biggrin:

oliverlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, what an enterprising fucker! I mean pastor. Or is he a fortune teller? Anyway, he not only provides food for the stomach, he provides food for the soul too. Whoa don't play play woh.:biggrin:
he’s just doing what John Wesley did when he began his ministry. If you can’t feed the body you are in no position to minister to the soul. Jesus teaches this by example and precept, it’s seminary 101. But most pastors in SG don’t know this. They tell you if yiu don’t contribute to the church you go to hell

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
he’s just doing what John Wesley did when he began his ministry. If you can’t feed the body you are in no position to minister to the soul. Jesus teaches this by example and precept, it’s seminary 101. But most pastors in SG don’t know this. They tell you if yiu don’t contribute to the church you go to hell
I think it's in poor taste to do this number on his paying customers. They went to his restaurant to eat, not to get preached to. The folks who went to Jesus wanted to listen to his teachings, and Jesus feeding them was a by-product. See the difference?

oliverlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it's in poor taste to do this number on his paying customers. They went to his restaurant to eat, not to get preached to. The folks who went to Jesus wanted to listen to his teachings, and Jesus feeding them was a by-product. See the difference?
he probably sees it as an unpaid service. until someone tells him to stfu, he is entitled to continue preaching. It’s his shop. In time to come, if the people stop coming, then he will get the message. He ain’t feeding the 5000

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
he probably sees it as an unpaid service. until someone tells him to stfu, he is entitled to continue preaching. It’s his shop. In time to come, if the people stop coming, then he will get the message. He ain’t feeding the 5000
His food had better be cheap and good, else people will stop eating at his restaurant. :biggrin: And I won't be surprised if it ends up only his "flock" goes there. In which case, he's preaching to the choir. Very LPPL.

oliverlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
His food had better be cheap and good, else people will stop eating at his restaurant. :biggrin: And I won't be surprised if it ends up only his "flock" goes there. In which case, he's preaching to the choir. Very LPPL.
I don’t disagree. A lot of times it’s an echo chamber, preaching to the converted and they come to support. It’s a family biz lol

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you want to preach, at least give free halal food lah.
Then Muslims can come show all the contradictions in your bible. Like
The father is the ONLY true god.
No man can see god.
God is not a man.
God cannot die.
And endlessly more.