• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - PAP Chee Hong Tat gets Murali Pillai and Lau Peet Meng to help him do the work of the Ministry of Transport

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
449579472_1058561465634619_643914600118019633_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/hongtat.ch...c6b5w9oGwyYipR87GN6iN9nthRE7Kgs&__tn__=<<,P-R

Chee Hong Tat 徐芳达

A warm welcome to Murali Pillai, who joined MOT as Minister of State (MOS) today. MOS Murali will assist me to look after the maritime industry and our engagements with the transport unions, as well as some land transport matters such as transport technologies and public bus services.

One area I have asked Murali to focus on is to lead a tripartite taskforce on bus safety. Murali has been a strong advocate of road safety, and this will be a useful platform to work with our tripartite partners to review how we can enhance safety for commuters, bus captains and other road users. While the annual number of serious collision accidents involving public buses has remained stable in the past few years (207 in 2022, 207 in 2023, and 75 up to end May 2024), safety is a key priority for our public transport network. The review will build on the safety initiatives and practices that our operators and workers have put in place over the years, and identify ways to make further improvements.

Besides representatives from the relevant Government agencies, the taskforce will include stakeholders from the Union (National Transport Workers' Union), public bus operators (Go-Ahead Singapore, SBS Transit Ltd, SMRT, Tower Transit Singapore), and the Singapore Road Safety Council. It aims to complete its review by early next year.

I also extend a warm welcome to Mr Lau Peet Meng, who is joining MOT today as PS(Transport Development), and express my deep appreciation to Ms Lai Wei Lin for her service and contributions to MOT family. Wei Lin is going to Ministry of Health, Singapore as Permanent Secretary, and we wish her all the best in her new posting!

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...nto-bus-safety-amid-recent-spate-of-accidents

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
449579472_1058561465634619_643914600118019633_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/hongtat.chee?__cft__[0]=AZWwCx-A8tOC8Y-j-jfUw9hShB7Em3BNPNMPazGi4TfBKlBW8SYQ52mYsmihs_zOzYSAWN9hBxVMW1nN3T3gw1x9EC1xQJ9oGisu9FFRpulzuzMVd1E-6k5Qlis1neg6e83bMwsVy2fYVZ7TR9o4DCxLuAazeCYjIyjSc6b5w9oGwyYipR87GN6iN9nthRE7Kgs&__tn__=<<,P-R

Chee Hong Tat 徐芳达

A warm welcome to Murali Pillai, who joined MOT as Minister of State (MOS) today. MOS Murali will assist me to look after the maritime industry and our engagements with the transport unions, as well as some land transport matters such as transport technologies and public bus services.

One area I have asked Murali to focus on is to lead a tripartite taskforce on bus safety. Murali has been a strong advocate of road safety, and this will be a useful platform to work with our tripartite partners to review how we can enhance safety for commuters, bus captains and other road users. While the annual number of serious collision accidents involving public buses has remained stable in the past few years (207 in 2022, 207 in 2023, and 75 up to end May 2024), safety is a key priority for our public transport network. The review will build on the safety initiatives and practices that our operators and workers have put in place over the years, and identify ways to make further improvements.

Besides representatives from the relevant Government agencies, the taskforce will include stakeholders from the Union (National Transport Workers' Union), public bus operators (Go-Ahead Singapore, SBS Transit Ltd, SMRT, Tower Transit Singapore), and the Singapore Road Safety Council. It aims to complete its review by early next year.

I also extend a warm welcome to Mr Lau Peet Meng, who is joining MOT today as PS(Transport Development), and express my deep appreciation to Ms Lai Wei Lin for her service and contributions to MOT family. Wei Lin is going to Ministry of Health, Singapore as Permanent Secretary, and we wish her all the best in her new posting!

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...nto-bus-safety-amid-recent-spate-of-accidents
ACS.