• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] - No hawker wants to sell at MOE school canteens because it's not profitable, so schools have to use vending machines to sell ready meals

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

mistersatki_ :​

This cannot that cannot
Who the f want to go be operator if not profitable and so jijiwaiwai

Need screening by school , by board , by the parent committee
Food need tasting , need intro yourself

Brother , I come be school hawker nia leh
Not interview to be masterchef

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal

mistersatki_ :​

This cannot that cannot
Who the f want to go be operator if not profitable and so jijiwaiwai

Need screening by school , by board , by the parent committee
Food need tasting , need intro yourself

Brother , I come be school hawker nia leh
Not interview to be masterchef
Not allowed to sell to outsiders. That means your income is limited.

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ministers can receive millions of salary but schools must go through legal processes to increase 20cents for a bowl of noddles

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suggest all School Canteen food should be served by MINDEF cook house. Cheap and low cost. It benefits all party - Children eat cheap food, NS cook serve their national service in school, and if possible get those children to wash after their disk as part of teaching sinkies children to be responsible and discipline instead of acting like prince or princess.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol, 70% still hv not waken up, their masters ate getting g rich, thru pay ,directorship, lol , one commoner do 2 jobs already tired but fir them they simply sit around already got paid ,lol

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One day there will be insects on the school menu, trust me. :wink:

Also, I bet some crony is happy about installing vending machines at schools. It's a huge contract with the MOE. :sneaky:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suggest all School Canteen food should be served by MINDEF cook house. Cheap and low cost. It benefits all party - Children eat cheap food, NS cook serve their national service in school, and if possible get those children to wash after their disk as part of teaching sinkies children to be responsible and discipline instead of acting like prince or princess.

LOL, 'Mindef' cookhouse. It's probably one of the usual suspects: SATS catering, NTUC Foodfare, SFI or whichever govt-linked business the SAF decides to sign a contract with. :cool:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I skipped lunch many times when I was in primary school. No problems. At most buy some snacks to eat e.g. Twisties or biscuits.

The problem is MOE schools of today hold back their students for too long, sometimes until 2pm or 3pm. Back in my day, this would be very rare, only for students punished with detention. Trying to get them acquainted to the 9-to-5 wage slave lifestyle in their tender formative years? Let kids be kids, you stupid technocrats. :rolleyes:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I skipped lunch many times when I was in primary school. No problems. At most buy some snacks to eat e.g. Twisties or biscuits.
Nowadays, after schools, many students head straight to Ramen or sushi restaurants and Mcdonald. You don't see them eating in hawker center. Their pocket very deep.