• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

sg land of kengster !!

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
G HUI FEN

SINGAPORE'S six Paralympians sported wide smiles yesterday when they had a taste of some James Bond-esque action during the victory parade on Saturday.

Theresa Goh, Yip Pin Xiu, Jovin Tan, Desiree Lim, Eric Ting and Laurentia Tan were each driven in open-top Aston Martin convertibles, Bond's car of choice.

The owner-drivers notched up the excitement by constantly revving the engines for the half-hour ride.

'The cars are extremely cool,' raved 22-year-old sailor Jovin. 'I was really excited whenever my driver revved the engine and I kept asking him to do it again.'

Added Theresa, 21, who held up the Singapore flag, Olympic-torch style, throughout the ride: 'I had so much fun in the car. It's such an honour to have this parade.'

For her close friend, Pin Xiu, riding in the luxury car was surreal.

She said: 'I didn't expect to travel in such style. It's a once-in-a-lifetime experience.'

The 16-year-old, who suffers from muscular dystrophy, made history by winning the Republic's first Paralympic gold medal in the women's 50m (S3) backstroke in Beijing. She also set two world records and won a silver in the 50m freestyle.

She was conferred the Meritorious Service Medal for her achievements.

Patrick Mirandah, who drove her, said: 'She was very enthusiastic. She was holding onto the windshield and she wanted to stand up in the car.'

Pin Xiu enjoyed waving to the passers-by although she wondered if they knew who she was.

Read the full story in tomorrow's edition of The Sunday Times.