• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SG is a good location for travel

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/si...all-you-living-singapore-i-am-green-envy.html

Hey there ... Yep, you can definitely live here and not cook ... one of the reasons I moved ... been here this time since December last year and have not cooked once!!!!

You can get awesome ethnic food everywhere from as little as $3 sing ... and sure, like everywhere else you can spend as much as you like too

Re: expensive ... not sure in comparison to US or apparently (according to last poster) to UK, but compared to living in Australia it's cheaper.

1. You don't need a car -- public transport is awesome, quick, clean, cheap, easy to use, even cabs
2. You can live in HDB (govt housing) for under S$2,000 a month for 2 beds, 2 baths, centrally located
3. You can buy cheap clothes / shoes for $10 in the heartlands or you can spend stupid amounts of cash on label (as with anywhere in the world)
4. Booze is expensive compared to Australia and probably the US ... but that's up to you ... you can get local beer and drink in the nightmarkets if you really want to save $$$
5. Broadband / phones / mobiles etc much, much, much cheaper than in Aust

As with everywhere you can live as cheaply or as you want ...

One of the very cool things about Sing is that it's so close to everywhere else.

You can fly to Thailand for S$50!!! or pop across the border to Malaysia (very, very cheap and very, very good food from there ) ... you can get cheap flights to every part of Asia, including Japan, HK and China ... even to Australia!!!

So ... personally ... I love it here ... I'm on a 3 year contract and hope my company will renew it!

For those sinkies who complain, you live the wrong way of life. You should live a life where you can travel here and there and live close by so as not to get stuck in sinkieland much.

Sg is the best location to go to others places cheap. EVen my US fren envy me. ha ha ha...

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Re: expensive ... not sure in comparison to US or apparently (according to last poster) to UK, but compared to living in Australia it's cheaper.

3. You can buy cheap clothes / shoes ...
5. Broadband / phones / mobiles etc much, much, much cheaper than in Aust

As with everywhere you can live as cheaply or as you want ...

You can fly to Thailand for S$50!!! or pop across the border to Malaysia (very, very cheap and very, very good food from there ) ... you can get cheap flights to ...

So ... personally ... I love it here ... I'm on a 3 year contract and hope my company will renew it!
no wonder u like sg so much ...

u sound so much like 1 ...

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eFfzga-X2x4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>