• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sg HR Depts Fcuked Up!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>May 6, 2009
POOR HR PRACTICE
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>Applicant-unfriendly S'pore
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->WRITING from the perspective of a job seeker, I have discovered a problem with the human resource departments of some organisations in Singapore.
After quitting my job in London and returning here, I was shocked that across the board, from top multinationals to
local businesses, applicants are hard- pressed to receive even an acknowledgment of receipt of their resumes.
In the case of one prominent Singapore government job, I got through the application and writing-test stages, but after an eight-hour assessment, I was rejected.
What shocked me was the rejection e-mail, which coldly stated: 'We are unable to provide feedback, so please do not contact us.'
How are people expected to learn from each unsuccessful application and interview if employers are reluctant to give feedback?
In foreign countries, during job applications that require multiple stages, applicants are encouraged to call for feedback even if they are successful.
This gives them an opportunity to work on their weaknesses and build on their strengths before the next stage.
Ultimately, by not having an open and transparent recruitment process, companies based in Singapore are often passing up on talented people who may not have the contacts to get their foot in the door.
When I called the human resource departments of various companies, I found that on the rare occasions I got through to an officer, I was just told to send in my resume. After doing the needful, I never even received an acknowledgment via e-mail. I have also found that when companies ask for more information about you, and you send it in, you never hear from them again.
Surely, I am worthy enough to at least be rejected? Being ignored is definitely worse.
This systemic problem in the way companies operate in Singapore begs young Singaporeans such as myself to ask: Why not go overseas to look for jobs?
In a top bank in London where I applied for a job, I was constantly in touch with a human resource officer who had personally given each candidate her direct line to 'call any time, just in case'.
We aim to make Singapore an international financial hub, yet are lacking in very simple procedures that even the smallest companies overseas adhere to - sourcing for and looking after talent. The frustration over the lack of response is sure to make many of the employees, who make our country vibrant and progressive, look elsewhere for jobs.
Ruchika Tulshyan (Ms)

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2jdrfp2.jpg

Donch ask me! I donch know! I only welcum FTs! *tata*

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Because the organisation is run by a bunch of sinkies. It is a sad fact that you quit your job in London that is filled with unsinkified individuals.

I suggest you go back to London to prevent yourself from getting sinkie polluted.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because the organisation is run by a bunch of sinkies. It is a sad fact that you quit your job in London that is filled with unsinkified individuals.

I suggest you go back to London to prevent yourself from getting sinkie polluted.

fuck u lah CB kia tonychat,

the writer is obviously pissed that spore HR detected her flaws from the interview and do not want to employ her. one up for local HR.

:oIo:Cb Kia tonychat.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
POOR HR PRACTICE
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->WRITING from the perspective of a job seeker, I have discovered a problem with the human resource departments of some organisations in Singapore.
After quitting my job in London and returning here, I was shocked that across the board, from top multinationals to
local businesses, applicants are hard- pressed to receive even an acknowledgment of receipt of their resumes.
In the case of one prominent Singapore government job, I got through the application and writing-test stages, but after an eight-hour assessment, I was rejected.
What shocked me was the rejection e-mail, which coldly stated: 'We are unable to provide feedback, so please do not contact us.'
How are people expected to learn from each unsuccessful application and interview if employers are reluctant to give feedback?
In foreign countries, during job applications that require multiple stages, applicants are encouraged to call for feedback even if they are successful.
This gives them an opportunity to work on their weaknesses and build on their strengths before the next stage.
Ultimately, by not having an open and transparent recruitment process, companies based in Singapore are often passing up on talented people who may not have the contacts to get their foot in the door.
When I called the human resource departments of various companies, I found that on the rare occasions I got through to an officer, I was just told to send in my resume. After doing the needful, I never even received an acknowledgment via e-mail. I have also found that when companies ask for more information about you, and you send it in, you never hear from them again.
Surely, I am worthy enough to at least be rejected? Being ignored is definitely worse.
This systemic problem in the way companies operate in Singapore begs young Singaporeans such as myself to ask: Why not go overseas to look for jobs?
In a top bank in London where I applied for a job, I was constantly in touch with a human resource officer who had personally given each candidate her direct line to 'call any time, just in case'.
We aim to make Singapore an international financial hub, yet are lacking in very simple procedures that even the smallest companies overseas adhere to - sourcing for and looking after talent. The frustration over the lack of response is sure to make many of the employees, who make our country vibrant and progressive, look elsewhere for jobs.
Ruchika Tulshyan (Ms)

YES those mother/father fuckers in HR are not doing their job at all. In the past the also insist on your photo which they never take a look at and your CV goes straight into the bin. Now they do all sorts of short-cuts; even arrangement for interviews are always via phone & if you did not answer, just too friggin bad.

When I was GM I always give HR dept a tough time - they are plain lazy, unprofessional and most of the time take long lunch + first to dash for the gate b4 5 pm.

I hv no sympathy with these assholes if ever they are retrenched or outsourced............:biggrin::mad::biggrin::mad:

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore HR? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA lousy and lazy like fuck. Unprofessional. Bad customer service. Don't have an inkling what is happening on the international scene. Think they very steady.

I hope they get outsourced now.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you get loan sharks knocking on your door or you receive credit card bills for cards you never applied for, then you will know that HR is even more fucked up then you think.

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
One thing that pisses me off about HR in Asia, compared to the west, is how they love to act like bosses, behaving like they MANAGE all the employees. They think they are the next closest thing to the top management and want to make life hard for employees.

Contrast this to cutting edge western firms, whose HR takes the side of employees and fight for more benefits against the boss.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Contrast this to cutting edge western firms, whose HR takes the side of employees and fight for more benefits against the boss.

There are good HR depts in Spore. Unfortunatly they are limited. I remember the old good days before the company I was with brought in HR personnel who used to work for the GLCs :eek:

Then things changed for the worse e.g. they started modifying our benefits: health, leave, etc. They became the dept to do the firing :eek: Instead of looking to improve conditions for workers, they told the dept to send those they wanted to get rid of to them. :rolleyes:

High Command

Alfrescian
Loyal
HR in Singapore is a joke. Half the time they are nothing more than paper pushers. Moreover hiring these days has been outsourced to mainly employment agencies and it is usually those dept people who does the interviewing anyway.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
One word: Want the cheapest, and the best.
SG HR is like those auntie going to fish market to look for fishes.
The procedure is to choose the cheapest, the biggest, the freshest juicy spongy fish. When you select and buy fishes, do u ever tell those rejected fishes why they are not selected and what are their weaknesses?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One word: Want the cheapest, and the best.
SG HR is like those auntie going to fish market to look for fishes.
The procedure is to choose the cheapest, the biggest, the freshest juicy spongy fish. When you select and buy fishes, do u ever tell those rejected fishes why they are not selected and what are their weaknesses?

In my company the HR carries out a very impt function.

My company has a Director of HR services stationed in Spore. Its not some small fry position. Unfortunately the person they hired is not very professional & all the professional people of HR left after this person was brought in :rolleyes:

The things he's done were very unprofessional.

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
INstead of complaining like a crying baby, why don't she just pack up her bags and return to London?

POOR HR PRACTICE

Ruchika Tulshyan (Ms)

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nonsense! Where got HR take side of the employees one?! If any HR dares to do that, the HR Director will be fired by the boss.

Unless you are refering to the labour union.